• Since: 2014/9/2 2

AlexArvixe
Re: Best Web Hosting for Xoops
  • 2014/9/11 14:49

• AlexArvixe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/7/26

Hello Xxoopss,

You've got an interesting list there. I am curious, how exactly did you come up with the hosting list?

Quote:
However, a few stand out by also actively supporting the XOOPS community

Which activity from these providers are you referring to?

Did you know we're the exclusive hosting partner of Xoops:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=76249? Other than that, I'm not seeing anything from other providers.

Mamba
  • 2014/9/11 17:48

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Did you know we're the exclusive hosting partner of Xoops:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=76249?

And we are very satisfied with the service provided by Arvixe!!!

Resized Image

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

WebDev29
  • 2015/12/21 8:00

• WebDev29

• Just popping in

• Since: 2015/12/17

I don't know that a exclusive host dedicated to Xoops is all that necessary. Ultimately, when it comes to choosing a host, you go with what works for you and has the room for you to grow. I host both my WordPress and Xoop sites through a web hosting package from 1&1 and I have always been satisfied.

Dante7237
  • 2015/12/21 18:34

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Any host that is NOT affiliated with EIG is your best bet.
Secondary consideration is cost.
Bluehost/hostgator/arvixe and a long list of others are owned by EIG.
They ruined the customer support, and services as soon as they bought them.

I've been very happy with A2 hosting. It's a bit more expensive, but I don't have to deal with "Billy and Susie" from Pakistan when seeking assistance.

Mamba
  • 2015/12/22 5:58

• Mamba

So far I don't have any problems with Arvixe, and I have several of my websites hosted there.

As a matter of fact, the main XOOPS website, the one you're reading right now, is hosted on Arvixe, and they also give XOOPS users nice discount.

However, 1&1 has been lately a disappointment for me, as they still didn't fix my issues, and don't bother to call me back or email with the status update.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Dante7237
  • 2015/12/23 1:37

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

I'm aware this is hosted on Arvixe.
I seem to recall 1&1 being an EIG company too.
There are so many companies they bought up it's ridiculous to think they could provide customer service for all of them.

When I was a HostGator customer EIG purchased them, and promptly relocated the servers. My site was never the same. And instead of a guy in Houston answering the help desk, I got outsourced crap service from Pakistan.

Moved to Arvixe, only to have the same thing happen.
A2's customer service was prompt and to the point the only time I had any question for them.
I could actually make out what they were communicating, rather than the garbled, broken english I had seen with Hostgator and Arvixe.

Just my opinion.

zyspec
  • 2015/12/23 4:11

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I can't speak to Arvixe, etc. mentioned above. I've been using inmotionhosting.com for a while now for all of my XOOPS and non-XOOPS based sites (for USA clients). They're always responsive (and knowledgeable) if I need help, they don't overload their servers and pricing is competitive

Mamba
  • 2015/12/23 5:57

• Mamba

Well, since Arvixe is hosting our Website, I would like to support them, and it would be great if XOOPS users would support them too

If anybody has any issues with Arvixe, please let me know, and I'll try to help, where I can. We had couple of months an issue with one of my clients, and they were very helpful and the issue was fixed right away!

Please also remember that in addition to the nice discount for XOOPS users, when you buy the hosting with them through the XOOPS link, XOOPS will be pre-installed for you, which saves a lot of time!

Resized Image
Support XOOPS => DONATE

WebDev29
  • 2016/1/8 8:56

• WebDev29

• Just popping in

• Since: 2015/12/17

Hmmm. That's interesting. I haven't had any customer service problems with 1&1. But I also haven't had any problems that need to be fixed. I can't really say much about EIG. There are many companies out there with good service to choose from and whether we think they are good or bad all depends on how our particular experience went. Like I said before, you go with what works for you. I've had a good experience, so it works for me.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits