I hope, you can help me...
Matt

onokazu
Re: open_basedir restriction in effect
  • 2003/5/8 20:18

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Ask the server administrator of your server to add /tmp to one of the allowed dierctories for open_basedir.

matt87
  • 2003/5/14 19:45

• matt87

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/15

Yes, that's it. Thank you for the information!
Matt

Evil1
  • 2003/5/16 5:18

• Evil1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/1 0

I get this error too, could this make you unable to upload avatars? Because i currently cant... i get a Media Upload error or somethin like that. And on my phpBB2 forum i get an error similar to up there

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/www/tmp/phpyGDcLk) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/lib/php/adodb) in /home/evilkarma/web/evilkarma.munk.nu/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 170

Does this error effect uploading capabilities from php to the server? im stumped

lsrytlee
  • 2003/11/17 21:51

• lsrytlee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/17

Hi all,

I get the same problem in uploading image in image manager, but my version is 2.0.5a! It shown me like this.

Warning [PHP]: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: open_basedir restriction in effectFile(/tmp/phpbqNDIgis not within the allowed path(s): (/home/content/r/y/t/rytleein file class/uploader.php line 183
Warning 
[PHP]: getimagesize(/tmp/phpbqNDIg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to create streamOperation not permitted in file class/uploader.php line 183

I've tried the suggestion from Onokazu to ask the server administrator of my server to add /tmp to one of the allowed dierctories for open_basedir. But they rejected due to security issue. So, how can I solve it?

From searching other posts here, it seems to be able to use .htacces file to solve similar problem about upload files using upload manager. So, I checked my server hosting, it seems to be able to use .htaccess file.

So, Can I use .htaccess file to solve this problem? If yes, how can I use the .htaccess file, like where should I place the file in which dir. within the path as I posted above (/home/content/r/y/t/rytlee), and what should the file having? (sorry, I'm a newbie in linux server and aparche!)

Thanks for your help!

lsrytlee
  • 2003/11/19 16:33

• lsrytlee

• Just popping in

Anyone can help me?

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/19 17:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I fail to see the security risk if they take the necessary precautions, sounds to me they cannot be bothered setting the server properly or they do not know how. :-/

Your best bet would be to look for another server and one that allows file uploads or does not use safe mode.

ackbarr

looks like your server admin has removed access to the /tmp directory using the PHP directive open_basedir. So the first question is, do you control your server settings or is this shared hosting?

If you do control the php settings, in the php.ini file change the "upload_tmp_dir" setting to one that is within the "open_basedir" allowed directories. Unfortunately this needs to be set at the php.ini or httpd.conf level, and cannot be set in an .htaccess file.

So if you do not control the server environment, your only choices are to a) convice the host to change their settings, or b) find other hosting to utlize this feature. Please note that this is not a limitation of Xoops, but of the php configuration on this server. Other web applications that allow file uploads through php should run into the same problem.

* Edit - sorry didn't read the full thread. I agree with Catzwolf, finding a competent hosting provider is your best bet

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/19 17:19

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

I agree - you need to find a more competent host.

I have dealt with two hosts in the past that I've had the open_basedir restriction problems with, and one of them was offering XOOPS as an installed package through Fantastico! It took me about a week of constant emails to convince them to change their server settings, often receiving no reply to these emails.

It was only after this I discovered my host was a one man band running a reseller account he really had no control over, or knowledge of.

The moral of the story is to research your host before signing up. I now demand a detailed company profile and guarantees in writing before I'll commit to a host - it's important you know who you're dealing with when your site can reach 2Gig bandwidth on a daily basis.

lsrytlee
  • 2003/11/20 16:23

• lsrytlee

• Just popping in

Thanks for your answers to make me understand what is going on for my server! Now, I'm planning to move my web hosting to other company. If u are also looking for other server, u can see this topic :https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11116&forum=13#forumpost55950!

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits