biglove
How do I install Xortify 4.11?
  • 2013/8/1 16:00

• biglove

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

I downloaded the Xortify module xoops2.5_xortify_4.11

you linked to but I'm unsure how to install.

I uploaded the entire module to my Server modules/, but Xortify did not show up in the Module Admin section.

I found this:
"Download the lastest version from Chronolabs on Google code or off sourceforge. Unzip the archive you should have a folder called 'htdocs' in the unzipped location. Copy the contents of 'htdocs' folder to your CMS root path this is generally a folder called 'public_html' or 'www' on your FTP service of your website. Log into your CMS and goto the modules/applications installation section, this is generally in your system control area under modules. Click on the icon that represent installing the module. If all has behaved as need be then your module is installed. If your module requires a user licences, keys or a username then sign-up to the apprpriate sites and retreieve your keys or IDs (Links should be provided in the preferences) and paste the values into preferences. Now your right to go!"

I deleted the package and uploaded the contents of xoops2.5_xortify_4.11/htdocs to the server to modules/xortify

Still Xortify does not show up the the Module Admin.

It seems the issue is the package doesn't include all the directories:

htdocs
class/
modules/
xoops_lib/

I looked at xoop2.6_xortify_4.11 and it does contain different files.

Will xoop2.6_xortify_4.1 work with Xoops 2.5.6?

Where is Xortify installation documentation?

wishcraft
Video: How do I install Xortify 4.11?

Hi BigLove.

How are you watch this video for installation of Xortify 4.12

Make sure you download the latest version:
Quote:

wishcraft wrote:
To Download Xortify 4.12 use the following links:

* XOOPS 2.5: xoops2.5_xortify_4.12.zip - 1.1Mb
* XOOPS 2.6: xoops2.6_xortify_4.11.zip - 4.5Mb

*** CHANGES ***
  • Strict Warnings fixed in 2.5 & 2.6
  • Function Sympathies Incurred

wishcraft
Xortify.com Server Migration Today between 11PM & 4AM AEST GMT+10

Xortify.com Server Migration

2nd August 2013 between 11PM & 4AM AEST GMT+10 Xortify.com will be migrated!
The Xortify.com Server will be offline on 2nd of August 2013 between 11PM & 4AM AEST GMT+10 Sydney time. We are migrating to a dedicated machine provider by the good people at Arck Interactive (http://arckinteractive.com) who are sponsoring the service for people running XOOPS as well as other platforms using the standalone PHP Framework.

This will be hosted on an Ubuntu 12.x server starting with a ample 10Gb HDD Space and sitting on a fat 1000 Gigabit Link in the USA. This means as the USA is the central route for the internet current once we have moved from the TPP Internet services in Sydney, it should route with high speed response for anyone in the world, not just the Asia Pacific with lag for Europe and the USA.

We will be utilising (http://arckcloud.com) Arck Cloud technology in there new Data Farm in Central United States of America. So please bear with us as the DNS gets changed and has to propogate (Can take in some parts of the web upto 72 Hours) and special thanks to Billy Gunn - Arck's chief network guru.

Xortify the client if you have loaded it quickly will detect if the cloud service is unavailable and deactivate itself until it is back online, I sugggest you lengthen in this temporary state the length of a required Username and Password out of the default setting in your XOOPS -> System -> User Preferences. The Xortify Client should reactive itself for you when the cloud service is running again!

Thanks

Simon Roberts (wishcraft)
simon@labs.coop

biglove
Re: Xortify.com Server Migration Today between 11PM & 4AM AEST GMT+10
  • 2013/8/7 15:22

• biglove

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

I installed xoops2.5_xortify_4.12 as per the instructions.
The installation seems to have gone correctly as I was able to install the Xortify module via Xoops admin.
I set the preferences as best as I understand them.

Overnight, there seemed to be almost no reduction in the Spam registrations.( about 20)
However, all of my users were banned from posting to my forums and from sending private messages.

I've had to turn Xortify off.
What did I do wrong in the setup?

What should the settings be to allow my members to post?

reWARder
Re: How do I install Xortify 4.11?
  • 2013/8/27 7:23

• reWARder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/28

I do have weird issue with 4.14. After uploading the files and then installing the module, there is no GUI in the module admin panel.

Anybody with the same issue here?

Crash01
  • 2013/8/31 19:16

• Crash01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/8/31

Nice guide!

redheadedrod

As someone else has mentioned, it would be a nice module if it actually worked as advertised. Many of the authors modules do not seem to work well for other people. Personally it is to the point I steer away from anything authored by Wishcraft and that is the case by many in the community until he has proven to actually bug test his software to a point it can be run without issue. He makes what appear to be some great modules but they never seem to work right or without some major issues.

xoobaru
  • 2013/9/2 1:22

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

sitting on a fat 1000 Gigabit Link in the USA

USA?
Bad news, someone else is sitting on top of that link too.

Who might that be?

1. Start with the three letters USA
2. Now substitute one of the letters (I won't say which one) with "N".

The correct answer will not an acronym for either the
United States Navy or
University of North Alaska

Can you guess the correct three letters?

redheadedrod

You are funny xoobaru...

And actually the US has one of the slower internet speeds. Europe enjoys much faster bandwidth that we do in the US. For the same bandwidth in the states that most common people can get in Europe we would have to spend a lot of money for if we could even get it.

Think the last report I saw said the US is like #8 in the world for internet speed...

Cesagonchu

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:
Think the last report I saw said the US is like #8 in the world for internet speed...

Hong Kong is the winner! (not China in general)
U.S. is the eleventh.

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-07-23/top-20-where-to-find-the-world-s-fastest-internet.html

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits