wishcraft
Apologies to the XOOPS Community

Apologies to the XOOPS Community
By Simon Roberts (wishcraft)

Resized Image

First up I would like to thank XOOPS for all the support over the many years of my involvement and being on the team. My health hasn’t always been good this is because I suffer from the equivalent of metabolism werewolf syndrome. All thought not a prevalent as werewolf syndrome can be, I still get ill from times to time. Over the last 12 months I have been quiet unwell, which also involved 3 months in hospital.

This condition I have means I have to take an antipsychotic on a regular basis, and I have recently developed Tardive dyskinesia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia) as a complication with the medication which is prevalent in a shake in my hands and feet, it also affects my sleep as my eyelid flutter. This is a permanent complication that I am thinking about legal action over!

I just wanted to apologies for not being as diligent as the forum obviously from my unpopularity on it at the moment, but you can also email me which best at either meshy@labs.coop which will forward to my public emails, or ceo@labs.coop which is a small 100Mb mailbox I maintain. Ideally if you have a problem with one of my modules, I suggest you use Skype and connect to me, you will find me quiet approachable, my Skype username is on my profile, but for argument sake it is under the username of wishcraft555. Alternatively you can phone me most times on +61-2-8011-3379 which is my Skype number.

To give you an idea life has not always been easy for me, I have been kidnapped at gun point several times as well when I was younger was a drug abuser, which luckily I don’t smoke any weed or abuse drugs, but XOOPS has given me a passion for Open Source, and don’t get me wrong XOOPS itself is the real flavor of open source, often attracting people from 3rd World environments. It has leaded me to internship on the OSIA Board for a year which here in Australia is the equivalent of the Retail Association for Companies that develop and use Open Source in Australia.

To give you an idea of my Development Environment it is currently the Following: AMD 64Bit, Windows 7 (64 Bit), 2Gb Ram, 1.3Tb Disk Space, Apache 2.4.4 (64Bit), MySQL 5.4 (64Bit), PHP 5.4 (64Bit) and I use eclipse for an IDE. I intend on going over my modules in PHP 5.4 the ones that I can to remove all the current bugs!

I had some setbacks last financial year, I was left out of pocket around 19k in projects and have debts due to this, due to the startups that I was not responsible for the failing of the business this includes lunchalot.com (4k AUD), epicentre.tv (9k AUD) and other places that have set me back in debt. See I run a cooperative, that understands everyone doesn’t have the big budgets for programming and are normally negotiable to the price we work for. We have some regular clients I have had to put on hold while I concentrate on my health, this include CyOps Cooperative from Brisbane in Australia, who are VET and Copywriters that we use for clients websites when they want content written.

Sometimes the Tardive dyskinesia has left me with suicidal thoughts, and you know it is really frustrating not sleeping right and having negative blah push up against you without anyone really knowing what has been going on… IT is sad really; if I didn’t have a wife and supportive family I would have topped myself over the treatment by some apparent friends that seem to shallow and forthright conceited to really be consider a friend at this stage and treatment on the forums like XOOPS.org where I have contributed for over 7 years and one of the senior members. I haven’t always been a Module Developer.

I have also been a core developer, my roll at XOOPS changes depending on demand and call and response of the project. Just remember I would have suicide over my treatment here at XOOPS.org if it wasn’t for a loving wife and other outlets. If it wasn’t for these newbies, which are quiet quick to hurl abuse and get on a high horse about standard which remember I have been developing XOOPS since 2.0.x and PHP 3.x.

Thanks perhaps it is me that should be receiving the apologies but it takes a lesser conceited person to give an apology and admit fault.

Resized Image

Cesagonchu
Re: Apologies to the XOOPS Community

I hope your health improves, and your life in general too.

For me, the only thing I have against you is to have ignored all the forum posts where I show you the errors I found on your modules.
This is not a health issue, here it is a matter of respect. You propose us a module, we take the time to test. We give you the result and you do not answer us.

For example:

Songlist 1.13 - 1.14

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6360

in the comments, I've put the link to the errors found:

Quote:

Cesag wrote:

Hello wishcraft,
thank you for continuing to develop modules for Xoops.

Here are the errors encountered.

Published: 2012/8/16 13:44 • Updated: 2012/8/16 13:45

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=348834

others reported bugs also:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=349793

-----------------------------------

MyAlbum-p 3.06 (module you have continued)

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6271

in the comments, I've put the link to the errors found:

Quote:

Cesag wrote:

Please see here for bug report.

Published: 2012/4/29 13:54 • Updated: 2012/4/29 13:54

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&type=&topic_id=75068&forum=66

-----------------------------------

I asked you some questions unanswered:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=352632#forumpost352632
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=346350#forumpost346350

Personally, I think you do great things, it just takes you to read and respond us on the forum.

Mamba
  • 2013/6/9 15:42

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

+1
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:

+1

+1

I think what cesag says is the common thread across the site. Hopefully you get well.

You produce nice modules but there are two common themes in some of your work that becomes very frustrating.

1. Reusing the original module name when you add functionality. Perfect example is profile. This causes confusion about what is the right version. If you would change the name to something that could be associated with you it would me much nicer on the users and would be easy to tell who wrote the module and who to contact for bugs.

2. Handling of bugs and release versions. When you release new modules you should at least release them as beta until you don't get any more bug updates.

I do hope you get better soon but please pay more attention to what people say about how you handle your modules and your life here with xoops will be much nicer for all involved.

wishcraft

Quote:
This is not a health issue, here it is a matter of respect. You propose us a module, we take the time to test. We give you the result and you do not answer us.

Ever been psychotic cescag? just wondering? I tend to avoid the forums when I am psychotic from neurotoxins as I will always mis-read and mis-construde tone and invokement of english. Mamba can tell you about this and me a number of years ago, where we decided I would avoid the forums when I can catch out my mind with a neurotoxic high blood.

It also plays on my thought delusions and I end up encompassing them into whatever my deranged view is at the time...

Anonymous
  • 2013/6/9 21:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
I tend to avoid the forums when I am psychotic from neurotoxins as I will always mis-read and mis-construde tone and invokement of english.

I know and respect that you have your problems. You are like van Gogh, the painter, brilliant but one needs a faq on how to deal with I respect you as a coder but please try to keep focus Simon, reading feedback from xoopsers testing your modules is crucial.

xoobaru
  • 2013/6/10 2:13

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

I suffer from the equivalent of metabolism werewolf syndrome.

So the ears really aren't a cat hat then...?

Falling through the cracks of the market is tough, especially if you run out of capital.

As Apple and others have found out, the free market can be the best friend of those who bring innovation, and value, and quality to consumers. And as J.C. Penney found out, it can also turn and rend you like a junkyard dog if you step in and don't play by its rules.

Even though XOOPS is open source software, the community is still a free market structure. While some, no, many of your modules were certainly innovative, and if they worked as advertised, would even have value and inspire reward (donation). But the voices herein did not lie when they raised issues that went unrequited. How about teaming up with someone who is gifted in the testing and quality department and you can focus on concept, innovation and getting the module into the rough, and helping fixing bugs based on feedback (and finish it before you move on to the next one).

xoob

AngeloRocha

Welcome back.

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:

+1

studioC
  • 2013/6/10 9:21

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

Simon, I really really wish you well. !

Michael

redheadedrod

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
How about teaming up with someone who is gifted in the testing and quality department and you can focus on concept, innovation and getting the module into the rough, and helping fixing bugs based on feedback (and finish it before you move on to the next one).

This actually sounds like a great idea...

Have someone release your modules for you and handle all of the bug reporting and release status. That might actually work...

But need to have someone willing to do this and someone that you are willing to work with. You call chronoslabs a co-op and that generally means having more than one person involved. Sounds like a great idea to me Simon if you can find someone that will do this for you.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits