DCrussader
Re: XOOPS 2.5.6 Alpha on PHP 5.4.5

PHP 5.4 will be too far, far away in future, most HSPs still uses 5.2 version of PHP, few are on 5.3.

2.6.0 or even 2.7.0 can be ready for PHP 5.4, until then is pointless.
2.5.5 already have 3 (well 2, Profile requires rewriting (64M memory_limit is unacceptable requirement for most shared hosting plans)) operational modules in total.

Probably 2.5.6 will come packed with News 1.68 at least, so first time visitors to see some kind of 'content'.

@redheadedrod
Welcome back at first place :)
Does your install script is ready and implemented in 2.6.0 ? Want to see the language, does all strings are there without formatting and does all language files are combined into one ?
Is it only for distribution installation or includes and modules installation from Administration UI.
Files Repository (Download Modules module) - when ?
Syncing with SVN on updates ?
Syncing translations from TX ? (Madfish from banned CMS, helped u here with small script for taking from TX and putting files back to TX (only by team leader))

geekwright

Thanks for this! Over the weekend I was able to play with XOOPS running entirely on an Android tablet. The php version involved was 5.4.8, and this took me from a 2.5.5 that didn't really even install correctly to what seems to be a fully functional system. This proof of concept paves the way for some very intriguing possibilities.

Mamba
  • 2012/12/31 16:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
This proof of concept paves the way for some very intriguing possibilities.

That's great! I am looking forward to hearing more about this.

BTW - we have moved to a SVN location on SourceForge, and there have been some updates to the 2.5.6 branch, so you might check it out from there with TortoiseSVN or something similar.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits