redheadedrod
Re: XOOPS 2.5.5 Final Released

You may also want to see if your host can find out WHAT is using up all that processor time. Is it just the website or did you possibly add something at the same time that is a security breach and now you are a mail forwarding site.

You can play with cache stuff and some other stuff with the site to see if anything reduces the usage. I have never seen more than 1-5% on my processor locally. Unless someone is really doing something on your site it should just be sitting there idle until someone does something on it. There are sites (Including this one) that have many hundreds of users on them at the same time and don't even burp. My guess is unless you have a module pulling in a crapload of links continuously or you are rebuilding your cache files constantly you shouldn't be even making a noticible dent in the system let alone numbers like that unless you are running on a 1ghz atom or snapon single core processor and even then I doubt much speed.

I can theoretically run a xoops site on my phone and not notice it is there so I don't know what is going on that you are getting those sorts of loads???

How many simultaneous users are you getting?
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

vmax2extreme

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:
Prior to upgrading to 2.5.4, my processor never went over 16% utilization. What has changed that the system seems to be eating away at my CPU?

Please note that you have also updated/added modules, so this is not the same configuration that you had with 2.5.1a.
We would need to compare the exact configuration to know if this is caused by XOOPS update, or by a module update.

I removed xortify and robot manager and my cpu is down to 0 to 16% again. Something must be wrong with the coding of those two modules. Now to figure out my extcal and theme login issue from the upgrade.

UPDATE: Copied formtextdataselect.php from my 2.5.5RC backup over to the /class/xoopsforms folder and now extcal is working again! YAY!

Mamba
  • 2012/4/24 11:05

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I removed xortify and robot manager and my cpu is down to 0 to 16% again.

Good to hear that XOOPS 2.5.5 is working fine!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

pmarket
  • 2012/4/24 17:26

• pmarket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

2.5.5 date seems to working Ok now on, Los Angeles Parents .Com english language was corrupt, uploaded new language file date works fine now. Just created Toledo Parents .Com and am having a problem with "Publisher 1" . Once I set preferences and then try to make a change I get this error,
-------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR CODE 406 = Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /modules/system/admin.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't preferences be changed once set in Xoops 2.5.5?

I even cleared the cache and tried again, still error....

Only happens when I try to set htaccess everything else works..

Mamba
  • 2012/4/24 18:08

• Mamba

Quote:
2.5.5 date seems to working Ok now on, Los Angeles Parents .Com english language was corrupt, uploaded new language file date works fine now.

Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere!

Quote:
Why can't preferences be changed once set in Xoops 2.5.5?

I just tested Publisher 1 RC downloaded from here and had no problems in changing preferences and the URL Rewrite Method to "htaccess". It saved just fine.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

bjuti
  • 2012/4/24 20:25

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

I don't know is it Xoops 2.5.5 bug, but in Publisher if there is not permissions to view categories in Firefox show message: Broken content. It does not load page. In Chrome all pages work ok.

Mamba
  • 2012/4/24 22:39

• Mamba

Quote:
I don't know is it Xoops 2.5.5 bug, but in Publisher if there is not permissions to view categories in Firefox show message: Broken content. It does not load page. In Chrome all pages work ok.

Works for me in Firefox 12 (released today)
Support XOOPS => DONATE

wishcraft
Re: XOOPS 2.5.5 & Xortify & Spiders - 32bit Processor Thread Cache

The reason you are having processor problems is you probably find you are using a 32bit processor with hyperthreading they are really inefficent compaired to todays 64bit server processors.

Xortify doesn't really do all that much when it comes to load on your system, just the code is more designed and tested on a 64bit processor so these older processors probably do have threading issues with much of my software.

I suggest you re-enable xortify, essentially the task xortify perform on an IP, Username and email address is the following:

Get Details -> Check for Cache Result -> No cache result found poll API -> save details in cache -> ban user if criteria is met

and that is all to it.. It really isn't doing any realy major number crunching, and i will be looking into spiders soon for you all for the 2.5 Final and 2.6 versions.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

wishcraft
Re: XOOPS 2.5.5 & Xortify & Spiders - 32bit Processor Thread Cache

Quote:
UPDATE: Copied formtextdataselect.php from my 2.5.5RC backup over to the /class/xoopsforms folder and now extcal is working again! YAY!

You forgot to mention that formtextdataselect.php from my 2.5.5RC backup was from X-Centre 2.16 that i put there for you - fixed even excal, I don't know who would honestly assume the headers had been loaded for any form object this part of the code honestly should be done in a preloader with a switch or registry used to trigger it when the form object is loaded. It is a serious flaw in the objectivity of 2.5.5 form objects.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

jcweb
  • 2012/4/30 16:43

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

So i catch after a while the user who report to me. I ask how did he solve that more or less problem. The problem he means was the cookie. After he delete the cookie (in his browser, firefox) and he stored the cookie after the upgrade and the first login new, everything was fine. I dont know is this the problem, but a second user confirmed that this was the solution for him too. This can be the solution, because the login with the Internet Explorer 9 they have never stored the cookie before works.

Greets Andy

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits