jordi_rc
Suggestion and question about profiles
  • 2006/8/24 19:53

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello!

I just joined and I like very much Xoops. I am running XOOPS in Xubuntu with Xampp (the three with X, hahaha).

It runs allright, is a really intuitive and good CMS. I am really surprised on how a great work and impressive look and feel it has. You did an awesome GOOOOD work!

Thanks for releasing this as GPL so much of us have the freedom to use this for personal or commercial, because this gives us the opportunity to start with little economical effort. I think that programmers like you, that make GPL projects, are benefactors of all humanity, and I allways defend you in all places when people talk about this.

I have just 2 suggestions:

1) I don't know if I can extend user profiles to add some new fieds to their profiles. Have you thought of it? If you did, how can I do this?

2) I saw in some places when you join a community, they give you a textbox in the suscription to say some words introducing you to the group, that is published with your avatar and says "New member " plus your nickname, and your salutation to the group. I allways liked this idea, and I think it increases group cohesion, so I think you should add. If not , will I be able to add this like a module or something?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

jensclas
Re: Suggestion and question about profiles

Welcome Jordi!

Do a search on extended profiles and i am sure you will come up with some ideas for doing some of what you ask.

jordi_rc
  • 2006/8/24 20:36

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for the reply!

I will search it thanks. I wanted those features for an idea I have on that, so maybe I can learn something and make a module or a hack or something.
I will check, thanks again.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

jordi_rc
  • 2006/8/24 20:51

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

sorry Jensclas,

I made the search and read about the existence of a module called Extended Profiles for XOOPS 2.2 but I use XOOPS 2.0.14 that you recommend to use.

I didn't found no module called Extended Profiles. Is there something similar?

Thanks again.

Jordi

Swain
  • 2006/8/24 21:04

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

There is Membership. It does many of the things Extended Profiles does. You can download ithere

jordi_rc
  • 2006/8/24 21:17

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks Swain!

I download it and install to test.

See you all,

Jordi

jensclas

I am not sure...just working from memory - but if you are prepared to wait XOOPS 2.0.14 is being developed with an eye on eventually coming back to one version of xoops. I don't know if that means extended profiles will eventually come or not though. You can read the discussion (and comments) related to the 2 XOOPS versions here
There are links to dvelopment road maps etc so you can get informed about where XOOPS is headed.

I had a quick browse through the above link hoping to find a link that might work for you but couldn't. I am sure there is something else out there but not what No more time this morning to join in your search - sorry.

jensclas

Thanks Swain!

jordi_rc
  • 2006/8/24 21:34

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks anyway jensclass for your time and advice.

Jordi

Prasannasg
  • 2012/1/27 5:29

• Prasannasg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/1/27

Where i can find the download files for testing?

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits