sailjapan
Re: Help request: Mx-directory, error in email sending to business owners

@ zyspec

As reported in this thread, I have the same email problem (button activates 'tell a friend' instead of email to advertiser). If your hack works for Alan, can I have a copy too, or can you post it here for everyone to try?
Thanks.

zyspec
  • 2010/4/6 17:07

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

sailjapan,
I'm working through this with alan2006. One of us will post back here as we make progress. Unfortunately I haven't worked on this module in some time and don't currently have it installed anywhere. I'll look at the problem from the other thread at the same time...

zyspec
  • 2010/4/9 23:54

• zyspec

• Module Developer

Alan2006 and I were able to fix his website's problem. He has his XOOPS language set to Italian however there was not an Italian translation for mx-directory installed. Unfortunately the contact.php file does not check for the existance of the email template file so it fails. There are 2 easy ways around this problem:
1) If you are using XOOPS in a language other than English then create mx-directory language files to match the selected XOOPS language.
OR
2) modify contact.php to change line 220 from:
$xoopsMailer->setTemplateDir(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/'.$mydirname.'/language/'.$xoopsConfig['language'].'/mail_template/');

to:
$xoopsMailer->setTemplateDir(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/'.$mydirname.'/language/english/mail_template/');

You only need to do either 1 OR 2 above, not both.

ghia
  • 2010/4/10 6:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

For 2 it should use a fallback with testing if the file exists:
if (file_exists(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/'.$mydirname.'/language/'.$xoopsConfig['language'].'/mail_template/category_linksubmit_notify.tpl')) {                $xoopsMailer->setTemplateDir(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/'.$mydirname.'/language/'.$xoopsConfig['language'].'/mail_template/');
            } else {               
$xoopsMailer->setTemplateDir(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/'.$mydirname.'/language/english/mail_template/'); 
            }
This is always safe, wether the language directory exists or not.

zyspec
  • 2010/4/10 13:05

• zyspec

• Module Developer

ghia,

True it should actually check for the particular file, not just the directory. I just took the 'easy' (aka lazy) way for the patch.

Although the section of code where this is placed isn't actually looking for the Quote:
category_linksubmit_notify.tpl
file in your code snippet above. The way it should 'ultimately' be patched is:

if (!is_readable($templdir.$thistemplate)) {

$templdir XOOPS_ROOT_PATH DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR 'modules' DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR $mydirname DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR 'language' DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR 'english' DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR 'mail_template' DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;
}
    if (!
is_readable($templdir.$thistemplate)) {
        exit(
"System Error: '{$thistemplate}' email template could not be found.");
        }

As a side note I would rather use 'is_readable' instead of 'file_exists' since the file may exist but security settings could prevent the file from being read by the script so the script would fail without any error message...

Alan2006
  • 2010/4/10 13:31

• Alan2006

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Zyspec,
many thanks for your great work helping me to fix problem email sending in mx-directory module. Now I'm able build my new portal with a business directory full functionally!
I will post link here when my website will be completed.
Bye, CIAO A TUTTI !

Mamba
  • 2010/4/10 21:32

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Is there a chance to update the Mx-directory download file, so we can use in the repository?

Also, could somebody add all the changes to the SVN Repository? I just added the code from 3.01 that was published by Evucan

Thanks to all involved for making this changes and improving this module!

Login

Username:
Password:

Lost Password? Register now!

Who's Online

71 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 71

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits