wishcraft
Chronolabs to discontinue development

Well for sometime now I have been extending the development of XOOPS, a lot of the concepts in 2.4.x series are a combination of trabis and myself dialogging with each other over MSN.

For some reason I have been removed off being able to access the SVN on sourceforge without any written notification why. I am not sure why this has been done but it means I will be unable to maintain my modules any further.

I have decided after days of resetting my password with sourceforge that the lack of communication and claims of contribution to something being wholely one persons leaves me a little sour in the mouth.

I Have decided to seek employment with another organisation as I am also one of the fathers of the 80's of the internet being an 1980's coder. I have contributed countless additions to TCP/IP as well as other frameworks that even XOOPS uses to communicate.

Being unable to access the SVN, I am not going to bother having to ask to have my access re-instated, I am just after 3 years going to invoice XOOPS and be done with it.

I will remain on the support emails, but the number of stupid errors I get reported really what do you expect for free.. I have a house and family to feed and the dole doesn't cut it.

Later been a pleasure coding for you all...

DarinAllan
Re: Chronolabs to discontinue development

Well this is a sad day!

Good luck Simon, I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Cheers......Darin ;o)

DonCurioso

Simon,

our best wishes for you & family. Be sure you'll find a light on you lifeway.

Feel free to contact if you consider it.

Mamba
  • 2010/1/13 8:39

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
For some reason I have been removed off being able to access the SVN on sourceforge without any written notification why. I am not sure why this has been done but it means I will be unable to maintain my modules any further.

Simon, your access to SVN is still there, it must be a problem with your SourceForge account login - please contact them directly so they can fix it for you...

sylvsteph
  • 2010/1/24 19:03

• sylvsteph

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/8

Is it a joke?

wishcraft

Hmmm no not really I just need a holiday at work... I will still be around answering questions and making code suggestions, but there are some new guns in the development arena at the moment and I want it to be there time to shine.

I need to find a job but I am still taking freelancing over msn and skype.. You know have to get a house and all can't live at the in-laws forever.

The site will still run for sometime -- I don't intend on leaving unprofessional 404 messages on downloads, and the support forums will still be there..

I have a few of my modules to round off as well, when I have a moment at the moment I am working on paid modules for people and I am finding I don't physically have to time with the freelancing to work on the core that is providing the freelancing..

Silly I know but I am buried in code at the moment.

Mind you it isn't a permanent discontinue otherwise I would have posted news about it... Just to those member around the place.

bjuti
  • 2010/1/25 11:11

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Good Luck! :)

Anonymous
  • 2010/1/25 14:33

• Anonymous

• Since:

There are points in life you have to make radical descisions. I guess you are on such a crossing now, Simon. Good luck and thanks for all work you did for XOOPS !

sylvsteph
  • 2010/1/26 22:12

• sylvsteph

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/8

Good luck!

wishcraft

LOL -- my beloved xoops, I am only taking a holiday at work.. Paid modules and so on, if that slacken off it will be back to xoops..

I need to add a HOOK so i will be doing this in version 2.6 of xoops, similar to a preload.. but that does some of the following..

/* This is a hook which will allow your modules to change a criteria anywhere 
in the core from the module programming arean. In this example it
 is a criteria in the module.php file in the kernel which if a hook was loaded in 
the xoops_version.php of a module it will fire it at this point, the XoopsHook
Class will take advantage of the file based cache for speed and have 
preloaded results.  */

$criteria = new CriteriaCompo(new Criteria('uid'$GLOBALS['xoopsUser']->getVar('uid')));
$criteria XoopsHook::criteriaHook($criteria'xoops.kernel.module'__CLASS____FUNC__);

or for object management:

/* This is a hook which will allow your modules to change a criteria anywhere 
in the core from the module programming arean. In this example it
 is a criteria in the module.php file in the kernel which if a hook was loaded in 
the xoops_version.php of a module it will fire it at this point, the XoopsHook
Class will take advantage of the file based cache for speed and have 
preloaded results.  */

$object_handler =& xoops_getmodulehandler('object''objects');
$objects $object_handler->getObjects(NULLtrue);
$objects XoopsHook::objectHook($objects'xoops.kernel.module'get_class($object_handler), __CLASS____FUNC__);

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits