onasre
Theme Name , Unreadable
  • 2009/10/26 5:04

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

Hello

Recently i Tested Out 2.4 , and there is seem a Bug with Theme Name Includes Dash - or underscor _ .

Exp: if your theme name is xoops_rock or xoops-rock

For Somereason i get blank page with the error like this .

Warring: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/themes/xoopsrock/theme.html" in /class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1093

Now see the error Shows the name of the theme as xoopsrock when it is not that but xoops_rock , So i decided to go with it and Rename my Theme to xoopsrock .. then worked Fine .. And i'm sure from the setting the theme set with right name as xoops_rock .

So now i had to Rename My theme and remove the dash and underscor to make it work .

this is only happen if you logged in . if you Guest then No problem . but if you sign in as user or admin then the error Shows Up .

and i downgrade back to 2.3.3 then had no problem with Theme Name with dash or underscor.

Mamba
Re: Theme Name , Unreadable
  • 2009/10/26 5:25

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Just checked on my test installation of 2.4 with the theme called "xoops_thm_shopping" and didn't have any problems.

I am using the recent trunk version from yesterday.

wishcraft

Could be for a couple of reason, the cache folders are not writable, the theme has issues.. OR a number of other configuration issues.

I am unsure as I went through the code and there is nothing that eliminates an underscore or dash. ie. str_replace(array('_', '-'), '', $theme_name).

I will try to reproduce it, but my guess is the host you have configured it one may not have file permissions set regularly (this is quiet common with any CMS and a lot of those quick fitted cpanel hosts that sort of splat hosting and offer poorly configured systems).

onasre
  • 2009/10/26 7:08

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

Yah , I thought it might be Hosting Problem , i do have my own Server . and i dash , underscore allowed . the Cash's folders has 777 .

Plus i had no problem with 2.3.3 .. this problem Happend Immeditaly after finish Upgrading my files and database to 2.40

to think maybe somthing wrong with the theme , then why there is no problem when rename it to anything without dash or underscore .

I kinda Belive it Something with Server Setting , But it doese not make sense to me since all were ok with 2.3.3 in the Same server .

Something els to , when the error prints out , always removes the dash's from the theme name . like if it can not read dash or underscore . if provin that somthing with the Hosting is the problem as it might be then maybe XOOPS can do somthing to avoid it . i know there some hosting companies do not allow dash to be used in thier servers Such as yahoo , once i was with them and moved out because i was not allowed to use dash .. but in my server sure the dash and underscore are allowed because i have audio video site and 90% of my files are named with dash on them . and no problem downloading them .

iwill try Downgrade to 2.3.3 and rename back my theme to use dash , then upgrade again to 2.40 but this time upload file by file and see when the problem happen after which file been uploaded ..

PS : i have tried to rename default theme to default_1 and test and got same error but instaed shown the theme name as is it shown it as default1

ghia
  • 2009/10/26 8:53

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Could it be an overactive Protector?
Or some kind of URL rewriting (.htaccess, Smarty plugin)?

trabis
  • 2009/10/26 13:45

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

This was fixed in 2.4 Final, please upgrade.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits