ghia
Re: xoops_data and xoops_lib inside DocumentRoot warning
  • 2009/10/12 23:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

And there is no admin panel as eg cPanel with a filemanager?

If it is not possible at all, consider another ISP. At least make sure you rename the directories and place also an .htaccess file in it.

DJ007
  • 2009/10/13 0:04

• DJ007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Hmmm, ok, I was going from the diagram, but misinterpreted it, maybe because it didn't seem logical.

Outside the root folder implies one level up into my account directory? sounds crazy, why did it get changed? And does this mean both folders will be irrelevant in future installs (assuming they go on the same account) as they will already be in account folder? No, xoops_data is data for that particular install, so every install will need a separate lib & data folder outside the install's root directory... a special directory for every install?

Suddenly XOOPS is a pain in the rear.. anyway around this?

sailjapan

Actually, considering that these two directories are there for security purposes, not crazy atall.

You don't have to worry about them when you update XOOPS in the future (if they're now in the right place, that is) as what happens is that XOOPS itself writes critical data to those directories. Any data in there is generated by the core and will be updated automatically.

bjuti
  • 2009/10/13 10:33

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Quote:
If it is not possible at all, consider another ISP. At least make sure you rename the directories and place also an .htaccess file in it.

I did it. I have warnings, but protector say that is all ok.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits