DCrussader
Re: XOOPS 2.3.x Translations

Half-official :)

I was much more active in XOOPS tasks long time ago, around XOOPS 2.0.18, but several F@#! up changes into XOOPS Management sends me off for a long time. Now I'm back as fan, no more donations, no active translations. From time to time release module translations. But mainly concentrated on other apps such as Pligg, Joomla, e-Commerce, MyBB.
The time I've spend for XOOPS up to 2.0.18.x was the best.... yeah, good old times.

For two users of XOOPS, don't plan to maintain localized support site, so far the Bulgarian users of XOOPS are:

1. U
2. Me (for fun only)
3. some old guys from last pseudo official Bulgarian XOOPS support, from the Mithrandir's XOOPS

Btw, there is a support forum, just on one sub domain for all 'projects' maintained by cmsbg.info, it's easier to maintain one forum for over 20 projects, instead of forum for each project. Excluding Joomla extensions users, others are inactive.... what I said, others - there are no others, 2-3 OpenCart, 4-5 MyBB.

http://forum.cmsbg.info
http://xoops.cmsbg.info act as dynamic screen shot :)

XOOPS and it's forks is not welcome in Bulgaria.

ICMS have one fan and one user from Bulgaria, not me anymore :)
XCL have 0 users
EXM 0 users
XOOPS 5-6 (max)
Simple XOOPS 0
Zarillia 0 (Dead)
Code-Plus 0 (Dead)
EXOOPS 0
RunCMS 1-2
BCOOS 0

Did I miss a XOOPS fork ?
May The Source Be With You!

culex
  • 2009/7/15 13:59

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

ok.. Well being married to a bulgarian girl I of course wanted to find bulgarian translations as I found it strange I couldn't find any xoops.bg site.

Still not being to sharp at bulgarian language, but very usefull when it comes to sentences (complimenting myself and others, beer, bad language and questions about directions, prices of merchendise and ordering from a restaurent menu).

For this reason I was a little shy to start translationg on my own and google.translate is somewhat playfull sometimes. But I'll look out for some module translation and if I get any translated myself (and corrected by the better half) I'll let you know
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

DCrussader

Google translation sux, that's why I've asked Mamba to ask Whiscraft and to remove his automated translations from X-Torrent and other modules.

Domain.bg cost 150 euro yearly, prefer to use .TR or .CN but not and .BG :)

If I manage to collect more souls to XOOPS cause (bulgarians) will reactivate xoops.cmsbg.info.

p.s. Gratz to u for your choice :) The only cute thing left in Bulgaria is the girls

p.s. II - Didnt read it first time :) You can send your wife to www.cmsbg.info and forum.cmsbg.info to post short info about her translating skill, and we can form team for faster and better translations for OOPSes :)

DonCurioso

Hi,

you can register something like xoopsbulgaria(dot)com or xoopsbg(dot)com, it cost 5,79€/year, a good hosting servide around 50 €/year... easy, fast, simply to do... and cheap.

It´s only an idea... of course you´ll do the best you consider it !

DCrussader, XOOPS are welcome in every country over the world !!! We only need one to start there.

Regards from Spain!
HispaXoops | Xoops España

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

DCrussader

A lot of things changed dude, if u remember and if u are old XOOPer, I've provided the community with over 5-6 core translations for 2.0 and 2.2 (on dev.xoops.org), and tons of translated modules in Spanish, Indian (Gujarati) and Bulgarian of course, also I was the first started and maintaining translations only in UTF-8 from XOOPS 2.0.7, XOOPS is not welcome in that country, I have the right to say that :).
XOOPS Translations

XOOPS.CMSBG.INFO is enough, I'll not pay and maintain xoopsbg.com or something (com is for commercial, right ?). Forums are active from over 6 months - no actions.

Last but not least, XOOPS.ORG is taking first place by lack of activities.

Comparing xoops.org to e107.org and extensions.joomla.org changes here are once monthly or on 2-3 months. First 2 sites release news about new extensions every day, XOOPS doesn't. Both sites (and disliked drupal) have a lot of, thousand themes - XOOPS have only 3 columns (damn nuke). If u check XOOPS themes gallery u will found one theme in few hundred variations and colors....

Can u show me 5 Bulgarians on this forum, don't count Culex wife, for sure u will not found such :)

XOOPS.ORG can list it as local (xoops.cmsbg.inf), just as advertise for 2-3 months and to check how much clicks (Referrals) they will got from that sub-domain.

And small comprasion from my download section:
XOOPS 2.3.3 Bulgarian - 21 Downloads
ICSM 1.1 Bulgarian - 17 Downloads (but no longer maintained)

as u can see X and forks are not welcome, but joomla extensions - yeah, they have over 100 downloads from the release date.

X is only step away from others (and my favorite Joomla) in ACL, it haves best groups/user roles so far and is the only one solution at the moment for making community site, but this will gonna change in September...

DonCurioso

DCrussader,

after did read your post...

Are you angry with Xoops? e107, Joomla, Drupal... i'm agree with you that those CMS have more releases & updates than us, but... how many security updates XOOPS need it before them?

I think a cms must be solid, strong, easy and have many solutions for many ideas. And XOOPS have it!
Joomla! has got a lot of solutions too, at same time that have security holes, similar like WP, updating every 2/3 weeks all system because they have a lot problems&patches aren´t enough to solve the problems... why?

More than 3 months with same version with XOOPS & doesn't matter, i have some sites with 2.0.18.2 working really fine... and i know other webmasters with sites over 2.0.16... working really fine, without problems... safe, secure, scalable, simply (XoopsCube too ).

I have provided many translations too. Any modules we're translated by me & after learn every time i can, it's time to get back XOOPS all they gave me before. It´s easy, share&enjoy.

If you feel XOOPS aren't welcome there, ok, this is your oppinion. But it works in Russia, EEUU, Australia, Japan, China, Argentina, India, Turkce, Spain...why not in BG?. Do many websites over Xoops, show it to other webmasters, organize a convention... something like this, impulse, promote, offer to some businees associations...

(dot)com domains were commercial... it was an example, (dot) org cost same, no difference there.

Xoops Themes... one theme, 250 variations... yes, we need more theme designers, agree with you on it. I'm not a designer& i don't like graphics, so i can't help on it. Did you see XOOPS China theme? And BitC3R0 theme for Xoops? What abouth Aphex site? WP&Joomla!&Drupal&many other have the same like us, three columns... maybe four or uses only two. I think we can solve with time&ideas.

As i see, XOOPS need fresh air. More than a little bit. Be true than XOOPS have a few dl, many old modules, many of them outdated, many with bugs... anyway, we´re go ahead. Who needs a XOOPS site? What about webmasters when you say "Xoops"? No! I will do blablabla... at the end, most of them (not all!) uses fantastico installer or similar to put any cms&modify some lines to have a different template like default, that´s all.

Only an example. One of my customers had a webmaster who made a website, one shop. He did take around one year to show a website when you have a lot of solutions. Notwithstanding, he did need three months more to start it. After these time, i called him and said: "Hey man, i´m looking all you website... and hacking it too, because i don´t know why, but i can access to folders, edit, change and more from here without problems.

We made some similar but different over XOOPS in 48hs to other domain, and right now my customer is changing to Xoops...why? Because i show a simply, safe, easy, useful & scalable solution. I feel i only did need people who trust over me&my words, after actions, Xoops, Joomla!, WP... these are tools. Use any of them but remember that if you have problems, you´ll be grateful if used the best tool of them. And always the problems are codelammers, scriptkiddies or similars.

I think this is a personal decission, if like this, this or this. But one thing it´s true, be sure of it. I will continue with Xoops. This CMS let´s me sleep...

This is only an oppinion, my oppinion, that´s all. Not be angried with me, but XOOPS is helping me more than can help Xoops.

Regards!

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

DCrussader

Quote:

Are you angry with Xoops?

Not anymore...

Quote:

If you feel XOOPS aren't welcome there, ok, this is your oppinion. But it works in Russia, EEUU, Australia, Japan, China, Argentina, India, Turkce, Spain...why not in BG?.

It's not main option, it's FACT, for over 5 years I didn't found at least 5 followers.

Quote:

something like this, impulse, promote, offer to some businees associations

Lack of promo materials from here, nothing about most asked questions this days: Better themes, AJAX, Web 2.0 standarts, modules...

Quote:

As i see, XOOPS need fresh air. More than a little bit. Be true than XOOPS have a few dl, many old modules, many of them outdated, many with bugs... anyway, we´re go ahead.

And to add to this, outdated full of crap language files everywhere, except ICMS dev core and McDonald imLinks module, everything even latest XOOPS 2.3.3 is full of crap which is no longer supported by the core. Such strings are:

Latest 10 Registered, dropped in 2.2
Loading... (animated gif icon in the center of the screen), dropped in 1.3
and many more. Modules are full of automated translations instead of human work.

Quote:

I think this is a personal decission, if like this, this or this. But one thing it´s true, be sure of it. I will continue with Xoops. This CMS let´s me sleep...

Even that I have some nasty discussions in past with Mithrandir and Skalpa for his amazing XSphere which will never see the light, I still use sometimes XOOPS and like it, this was my first web platform, but u can't still describe why is better and what for I have to reg a standalone domain for something which is NOT liked by the users. I've tried to promote it, even managed a team of international translators on XOOPS Translations, and sourceforge.net/projects/gtlt to help to make it No. 1 choice for making anything in web... No luck.

In conclusion:
Bulgarian users if any appears in next few years, can see XOOPS in action here or on my sub-domain, and to ask they're questions on my forum.

ps. about 3 columns, here is an example of real 3 column template
http://demo.rockettheme.com/jul09/images/stories/demo/general/module-positions.jpg which may be redesigned into 5 columns, over 20 blocks positions, not 8.

DonCurioso

DCrussader,

i don't want to initiate any nasty discussion with nobody.
I´m not worried for same things like you, that´s obviously. I'm agree with you in many points you did expose, anyway, looks highly tired of Xoops.

I don't live in any XSphere. I know that we have at least three hundred cms solutions over internet, but i feel comfortable with this.

Translations... i'm not worried. If i don't like it, i translate myself.
Modules... i only need the same 15 modules for my customers (at the momment).
Themes... i get one that i like & modify all that my customer need it.

In conclusion:
I don't want to convince you about XOOPS in any way. I have my own point of view about it. I like Xoops, XOOPS Cube, WP, Pligg, Plone... but i can do my job over php, no cms-based, but XOOPS make my life easy. And i have all mods done for it, so i have all that i nedd, not neccesary make any experiments over other cms (at the momment).

If i can help you, follow my signature.

Regards&have a nice day

bushir
  • 2009/7/16 19:00

• bushir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/26

Quote:
And to add to this, outdated full of crap language files everywhere,

if you log them in the Bug tracker, I'm sure they will be addressed by the Core Team
Quote:
about 3 columns, here is an example of real 3 column template

some people were recently using 960 template, which should give the flexibility

The key is to support the team, bring the issues again, if they were not addressed the first time, and believe in XOOPS

There are new things happening at XOOPS, and if we all contribute, things will move forward faster

DCrussader

Quote:

The key is to support the team, bring the issues again, if they were not addressed the first time, and believe in XOOPS

There are new things happening at XOOPS, and if we all contribute, things will move forward faster

That's ok, but I'm only user :)
Devs should read forums as well as the Bug Tracker...

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits