wishcraft
Mobile Computing & XOOPS - Tested OK

Resized ImageXOOPS offers the very best in mobile computing solutions, but not at the moment without a bit of leg work. Due to the highly research and design of XOOPS there is many solutions you can provide to your clients and your own business with XOOPS for mobile computing that combined with XOOPS make it cost effective as well as direct solution provider all you need is an Apache service running MySQL and PHP. You can even run it on IIS with particular system environments and variables set.

Mobile computing is a generic term describing one's ability to use technology while moving, as opposed to portable computers, which are only practical for use while deployed in a stationary configuration.

Many types of mobile computers have been introduced since the 1990s, including the:

* Wearable computer
* Personal digital assistant/Enterprise digital assistant
* Smartphone
* Carputer
* UMPC

With the extendable smarty template engine as well as reliable and rock solid core, XOOPS can bring your mobile computing experience alive with network response and performance not to mention one of the best Open Source delivery method around making the result cheaper and beneficial to company and business; the small time operator and none business use.

Of course congenitally XOOPS has been design for the laptop, desktop, fridge computer and other house hold technology demographics offering quiet a smorgas board of solutions all at www.xoops.org. However you can simply change the template engine to suit a mobile device and bingo in seconds you have a site that is designed for mobile computing use.

Some example of mobile computing you will find with sites like mobile.ebay.com and mobile.live.com these are sites design for mobile computing use whether it is your phone or solution providing tablet. There are some basic steps of setting up a mobile computing workhorse with XOOPS

Some of these steps include:
Resized Image

If you are a mobile computing solution provider these 5 simplified steps to making a site will have you rolling out your clients site in next to no time, with a base of modules and other solutions with this you can provide solutions quick and far more effective.

Of course with option in modules and XOOPS Performance indication, even with an existing XOOPS site you can offer a mobile portal version of your content and modules. This will make a massive result in your usability. On your blackberry, nokia, Resized ImageLG, Palm – whatever you can use XOOPS.

Imagine you have a development team want to half the amount of programmers you have to employee, why spend 12 month developing rudimentary website tools like user login, session handling, services, modules, your look and feel and more when you get that all bundled with a download of XOOPS.

If you would like to know more about mobile computing with XOOPS talk to our community, join the forums or email one of the developers. You start to a quicker, brighter better world is powered by your decisions to cut cost and take your Web Framework pre-developed, pre-tested, bench tested and burnt in. XOOPS – Just use it!

Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Burning
Re: Mobile Computing & XOOPS - Tested OK
  • 2009/5/18 11:01

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Thanks Simon for those explanations.

Your screenshot has been reduced What are the five steps ?

And about templates :
Quote:
However you can simply change the template engine to suit a mobile device and bingo in seconds you have a site that is designed for mobile computing use.

... have you more informations about "mobiles" templates ?
Still learning CSS and... english

wishcraft

Click on the screen shot it will popup to a window with the image... anyway..

I think the Category should be added through the device, have you been to www.xoops.org on your mobile phone, blackberry and so on.. I am thinking about making an agents class off a sourceforge XML file of all regex patterns for mobile devices.. So it is completely set in the browser.. So many IP's and Subnet walking around the place of people and stuff.

I don't know smaller type faces.. 400px wide.. no more less if it is a smaller screen

some are like this

############
############
############
############
############
############
############

some like:

########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################

I am thinking how easy it is to build an iapps store with XOOPS and the prebuild authentications...
Resized Image

Mamba
  • 2009/5/18 20:00

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Your screenshot has been reduce

I've made it look a little bit larger. Otherwise, just click on the screenshot, and it will open a bigger window.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

anderssk
  • 2009/5/18 20:43

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/21

Nice article!
Congratulations on your post number 500

You are a tremendous resource for XOOPS - not just your 500 posts, but also your enormous code fixes and modules.

Thank you!!

sailjapan

Yet another thought provoking contribution from Wishcraft. Very good XOOPS PR and an aspect of xoops' flexibility that had never occurred to me. The more time goes by, the more I realise that XOOPS has so much more to offer than I'd hoped for when I chose it over all the other mainstream CMSs.
Thank you Wishcraft. Thank you xoops!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Mamba
  • 2009/5/19 17:22

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Yeah, Wishcraft ROCKS!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Yeah, Wishcraft ROCKS!!!

Ahh mamba making this all possible you are the one that rocks my friend...
Resized Image

wcrwcr
  • 2009/5/20 11:33

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi Wishcraft

Very nice post.
I´ll bookmark It for future reference

wishcraft

Yeah ok; the mobile computing forum is jumping 50 clicks a day... Sooo, I am going to make a system admin module class that imports this:http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/ (You will require simpleXML to be installed on your system).

Looks great, thanks md from spraci.com for suggesting while review what he described as eliquent code in XOOPS after running spraci.com on drupal. He says with the amount of traffic he gets he as problems with drupal and MySQL query caching so at the moment is looking for new platforms to use.

Thank md drinking ayahausca tea together if i meantion you where in the tile man... ahh tea that lasts a life time the places you go and see and find the hidden portals..

Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits