DJ007
xcgal thumbs template hack
  • 2009/2/24 23:50

• DJ007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

I have an install of xcgal (coppermine) and I want to completely remove "Latest Uploads" block from all details pages. I commented out some on details page, but thumbs AND pics disappeared. I've been going over the thumbs.html file and I am not sure which section to comment out so "Random Pics" stays and "Latest..." disappears.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
D.
Oh, latst version of everything (server side, xoops, xcgal...)

ghia
Re: xcgal thumbs template hack
  • 2009/2/25 1:49

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I believe there is a setting for that in the preferences. Download the manual from coppermine and it will be clear how to change the setting.

DJ007
  • 2009/3/25 22:58

• DJ007

• Just popping in

FROM COPPERMINE FAQ/ DOCS
I don't want to show the last uploads and/or random pictureson the start page. How do I edit what's shown on the start page of coppermine?[/b]

1. login as admin into your CPG setup
2. click on "Admin Mode" if it is not already enabled
3. Click on Config in the "Admin Menu"
4. under "Album list view" use the above provided keywords:
* 'breadcrumb': navigation inside the gallery (e.g. "home > category > subcategory > album")
* 'catlist': category list
* 'alblist': album list
* 'random': random pictures (leaving random pictures "on" for huge galleries with more than 10,000 pics might result in performance problems; switch random "off" in this case)
* 'lastup': last uploads
* 'topn': most viewed
* 'toprated': top rated
* 'lastcom': last comments
* 'lasthits': last viewed
* 'lastalb': last created albums
* 'anycontent': inserts php-generated custom content that YOU have coded into the file 'anycontent.php' and displays the content on the index page. It can be used to include banner-rotation scripts, welcome scripts, or similar. Where it appears in the index page is determined by it's placement in the string example below.
(e.g. anycontent/catlist/alblist/random,2/lastup,2 translates to: "anycontent file contents, category list, album list, 2 rows of random pics, 2 rows of last uploads" -- and will display in the order that they are listed)

I'm probably a dummy, but I can't for the life of me find this in xcgal, trolled thru all the php and html files, and couldn't find anycontent/catlist/alblist/random,2/lastup,2 either? Have been trying to change this detail; random,2/lastup,2 to random,3/ or random,3/lastup,0 which ever applies. HELP!

Thanks again in advance.
DJ

ghia
  • 2009/3/26 0:09

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It is in preferences at the 'Album list view: The content of the main page' field. Remove '/lastup,2'.

DJ007
  • 2009/3/26 19:17

• DJ007

• Just popping in

Thank You Ghia! Gotta stop doing things at 3am hopped up triple espressos

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits