51
slyss
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 10:45

  • slyss

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 343

  • Since: 2006/1/26


@pablo103: please tell me your contributions... how you have helped XOOPS project?

@Burning: tnx a lot... it's not easy...


52
webmystar
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 11:52

  • webmystar

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 415

  • Since: 2008/6/23


good work slyss, i will buy your book.

53
ghia
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 12:44

  • ghia

  • Community Support Member

  • Posts: 4953

  • Since: 2008/7/3 1


Some people may get irritated by the size of the graphics in your signature. (h 50 x b 200 is less intrusive.)
The posted text should always prevail and draw the most attention.

54
nmshah
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 14:22

  • nmshah

  • Just can't stay away

  • Posts: 556

  • Since: 2007/7/2 8


So does the ajax based profile module exists or not and if it does where can i download it from.

55
trabis
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 14:29

  • trabis

  • Core Developer

  • Posts: 2269

  • Since: 2006/9/1 1


Quote:

ghia wrote:
Some people may get irritated by the size of the graphics in your signature. (h 50 x b 200 is less intrusive.)
The posted text should always prevail and draw the most attention.


And please read this:
https://xoops.org/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=6
Quote:

Signatures
Images - Use of images in your signature is not permitted.
Sizes and formatting - Please do not change the fontsize of the signature text to a larger size than the postings text. Feel free to use formatting options (underlining, bold, italic, colors).
Length - Please keep your signature to no more than a maximum of five lines.

If you fail to follow these guidelines you will either receive a message, a warning, a temporary or final ban depending on the severity of the issue from a moderator...

56
ghia
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 14:56

  • ghia

  • Community Support Member

  • Posts: 4953

  • Since: 2008/7/3 1


Quote:
So does the ajax based profile module exists or not and if it does where can i download it from.
The good news is that it exists. It was programmed for a 2.2.x series customer and is to see in action in a video and/or on the authors site.
The bad news is that it is nowhere to download. The developer won't release it until it is finished. I am affraid he will never catch up with the upcoming XOOPS versions and that if someone starts now from scratch a similar project, that it will be completed before this one ever(?) sees the daylight.

57
hackbrill
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 15:21

  • hackbrill

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 283

  • Since: 2005/7/14


Quote:

ghia wrote:
The good news is that it exists. It was programmed for a 2.2.x series customer and is to see in action in a video and/or on the authors site.
The bad news is that it is nowhere to download. The developer won't release it until it is finished. I am affraid he will never catch up with the upcoming XOOPS versions and that if someone starts now from scratch a similar project, that it will be completed before this one ever(?) sees the daylight.


So I take this to mean that the hacks presented in his 2008 version aren't compatible with the 2.3.x platform? The myAlbum hack sure looks interesting.

58
nmshah
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 16:17

  • nmshah

  • Just can't stay away

  • Posts: 556

  • Since: 2007/7/2 8


Well anyways if its not compatible with 2.3 then the release of the hack is already too late. If it is I hope the developer will release it before 2.3.3 comes so that if possible the devs can look at it and include in XOOPS 2.4 if possible.

The work looks interesting and surely the developer of the hack seems to have worked very hard on it but if the developer will look at the date of 1st post in this topic and today its almost one and half year and thats a long long time.

And about the book, can i buy this book in india and where?

59
slyss
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 17:06

  • slyss

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 343

  • Since: 2006/1/26


Xoops Users Profile Ajax based is not ready for release.

I can't release it beacuse code is not 2.3.x ready in this moment.

Stefano

60
nmshah
Re: Users's Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/11 17:21

  • nmshah

  • Just can't stay away

  • Posts: 556

  • Since: 2007/7/2 8


Quote:
Xoops Users Profile Ajax based is not ready for release.
I can't release it beacuse code is not 2.3.x ready in this moment.
Stefano


With all due respect thats my point by the time you make it ready for XOOPS 2.3 probably XOOPS 2.4 will be realsed or even XOOPS 3.0.

So if you dont let others help you with this you will always end up catching up with the XOOPS core release and probably the hack or the module as the case may be will never get released which will be sad as your work is actually superb.

Just my suggestion

Login

Username:
Password:

Lost Password? Register now!

Who's Online

85 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)


Members: 0


Guests: 85


more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits