mjoel
Re: Joomla Vs. Xoops
  • 2008/12/29 14:37

• mjoel

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/12/9

Quote:
In China, some XOOPS 3.0 test sites are available and the new features are amazing. Thanks for phppp and all XOOPS developers. XOOPS is a masterpiece indeed.

can you give us a link ? i want to see it too..what is the new features of 3.0 ?

cadelite
  • 2008/12/29 15:26

• cadelite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/15

This is a test site of XOOPS 3.0:

http://www.cardinn.net/

But it's in Simplified Chinese. Using Google Translate:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=zh-TW&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cardinn.net%2F&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

It has incorporated SNS and commerce modules.

mjoel
  • 2008/12/29 16:14

• mjoel

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/12/9

wow...

xoops with ajax ? social networking services ? this look promising

can't wait for XOOPS 3.0 to come

any other XOOPS 3.0 site example ?

Marco
  • 2008/12/29 17:18

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

here is another one
http://www.xoyoke.com/

i think we have to let lead core dev Phppp work quiet, without disturbance. Let's be patient and play with 2.3 few months more. there are few bugs to track in that branch, before discovering the evolution 3.0.
i hope phppp will release a light new core, modular and evolutive.
Do synergy or die.

trabis
  • 2008/12/29 18:28

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

http://wokai1.gbaili.com/index.php

Would not say it is xoops, but look at the debug!

dslchart
  • 2008/12/29 18:38

• dslchart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/9/7 1

Quote:
http://wokai1.gbaili.com/index.php Would not say it is xoops, but look at the debug!

absolutly amazing, its XOOPS Version:XOOPS 3.0.0 Dev

hackbrill
  • 2008/12/29 19:03

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Quote:

trabis wrote:
http://wokai1.gbaili.com/index.php

Would not say it is xoops, but look at the debug!

Page Source indicates XOOPS: content="XOOPS"

Mamba
  • 2008/12/29 21:39

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
absolutly amazing, its XOOPS Version:XOOPS 3.0.0 Dev

As we've said in the news about Simple-XOOPS joining forces with XOOPS , phppp is working on XOOPS 3.0, and we plan to release it in the first half of 2009. There are still a lot of changes to be done and tested, and those of you who were ever involved in designing an architecture for a software product know that it's not an easy task, if you want to do it right. And Trabis is absolutely right when he says:

Quote:
Being a module developer is not enough to develop a core. You could have 20 or 30 guys like me building a XOOPS fork and believe me, it would not be impressive.

It takes special skills to do it and only few people have it. We are very lucky to have phppp being part of XOOPS. And now with help of Dirk (dhsoft), who will work on 2.3.3 and 2.4, phppp will have more time to focus on 3.0.

XOOPS 2.4 (merging Simple-XOOPS into XOOPS) and XOOPS 3.0 will be both great releases, and those who remained faithful to XOOPS won't regret it. As I said earlier, there will be more good news coming in 2009

But as Marco said - let's leave phppp focusing on his work on XOOPS 3.0, and let us all focus on:

- solving any bugs from 2.3.2b, so we can release 2.3.3 as a solid update
- updating documentation for 2.3.2
- updating modules for 2.3.2
- updating themes for 2.3.2

As a community, we need to get together in 2009, get energized, and do more support for each other. We have here few amazing people like Ghia, JAVesey, Sailjapan, Stefan88, Mowaffak, Burning, and several others, who dedicate their precious time to help our fellow XOOPSers, but we need more people to get involved and help. If you don't have skills to help with programming issues, you can write documentation, a short tutorials, or you can help beginners by guiding them to the right answer in Wiki or FAQ. There are so many opportunities to get involved and help.

After couple of rough years, 2008 was a first good solid year for XOOPS, where we got our focus back and moved forward. I'm looking forward to 2009 - it will be great! But it will be AMAZING one if we all pull together and commit to make a difference for XOOPS - each of us in the areas where we can help. Remember that every little help will count!

This is the same as the story about the masons:
Quote:
A traveler came upon a group of three hard-at-work stonemasons, and asked each in turn what he was doing.

The first said, “I am sanding down this block of marble.”
The second said, “I am preparing a foundation.”
The third said, “I am building a cathedral.”

So it doesn't matter how small your help might look, each of us can make a difference!

I truly hope, in 2009 we all get together and will be building a "XOOPS cathedral"!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

blackrx
  • 2008/12/30 2:10

• blackrx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/2/5 1

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
You probably missed that announcement, but just on Dec. 3rd, three weeks ago, we've announced that Simple-XOOPS will
join forces with XOOPS , and will be the base for XOOPS 2.4, and the lead developer of Simple-XOOPS,
Dirk Herrmann will join the Core Team, and will become the Lead Maintainer for XOOPS 2.3, and then the Lead Developer
for XOOPS 2.4.

i saw the announcement when it was made and i really hope all the simple XOOPS feature can be integrate into the XOOPS core asap but when i saw little activity in SVN it made me worry....
i really hope they are indeed working in their own station and will commit their work in svn once their done....

Quote:

Mamba wrote:

Phppp is working on XOOPS 3.0, which is planned to be released in first half of 2009.

i saw the XOOPS 3.0 demo website provided by cadelite

i can see the XOOPS redirect message is replaced by ajax...
that is totally cool

please keep us updated on this XOOPS 3.0

Quote:

trabis wrote:
Well, I would not mind with SVN activity. XOOPS 2.3 just pop out from nowhere did not he?
The work is done by one or to guys so there is no really need for using SVN all the time.
When they have the job done they will commit all at once.

yup..i admit the release of 2.3 is a suprised to me and i think also to most XOOPS user...the core people should update us on what are they doing in the background

some new user will be mistaken that XOOPS core team is doing nothing when they see little activity in svn..

Quote:

trabis wrote:

And I think you are mistaken about my skills. Being a module developer is not enough to develop a core.
You could have 20 or 30 guys like me building a XOOPS fork and believe me, it would not be impressive.
A core developer must know ALL about the core. Must dream, breed and bleed it. Must not know a way to do it,
must know the best way to do it, ohhhh, such a difference! Long live phppp.

you are too humble trabis..your tips and hack make many XOOPS user happy..i hope the core can integrate your ideas
to the core ..like the recent example - poster's status in profile and yogurt

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=303312#forumpost303312

Quote:

Mamba wrote:

XOOPS 2.4 (merging Simple-XOOPS into XOOPS) and XOOPS 3.0 will be both great releases, and those who remained faithful to XOOPS won't regret it. As I said earlier, there will be more good news coming in 2009

yeah...i think i made the right choice

As a beginner, for now my contribution to XOOPS is i will help answer simple support question in the forum

Login

Who's Online

269 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 269

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits