vamptrix
Re: [spreadXOOPS] The project frameworks!
  • 2008/11/13 19:38

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

One of the first things we need to do is make sure the site itself becomes a bit less chaotic - less different places for the same things: now you can find themes at 3 places: the Themes (old), the Themes Gallery (beta), the news...
I suggest we merge the Themes in 1 place and this would really make it easier for new users: this does not mean this has to happen immediately, but this has to happen: sometimes I find it quite confusing to find something here. The same about the modules: the Repository isn't really being used anymore for more recent modules, so why keep it around? I suggest that also that would merge at 1 place, so we can put an easy link(or button) to it on the main page with MODULES and THEMES on it, which will make it for many users easier..
In order to make XOOPS more popular, we have to make this site a bit easier :)
I used to use this account, but no longer.

sailjapan

Quote:
In order to make XOOPS more popular, we have to make this site a bit easier :)

Hear! Hear!
(Now... where are all those volunteers? )
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Mamba
  • 2008/11/24 5:18

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

As you know, we've established presence on several social networks:

Facebook XOOPS Group

Facebook XOOPS Fan Club

LinkedIn XOOPS Group

Delicious XOOPS Links

Flickr XOOPS Images

YouTube XOOPS Videos

MySpace XOOPS Links

Today we've added XOOPS to Twitter

Resized Image

This is part of our "Spread XOOPS" campaign.

If you have ideas/recommendations on how can we do more of promoting XOOPS worldwide and would like to join the team, please PM me.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2008/11/24 5:38

• Mamba

Quote:
I suggest we merge the Themes in 1 place and this would really make it easier for new users: this does not mean this has to happen immediately, but this has to happen: sometimes I find it quite confusing to find something here.

That's the plan - once we're done with the Beta, we'll remove the standard Theme Library.

Quote:
The same about the modules: the Repository isn't really being used anymore for more recent modules, so why keep it around?

It's the question of discipline of adding the modules, i.e. the developers should do it, and in other cases, the Module Repository Team could do it. But we don't have the Team, so we have to rely right now on Developers.
As I've mentioned somewhere else, Burning is working on something new for the Module Repository.

I don't think that anybody will question the need to simplify our Website, and to make its content more relevant.

Let's focus right now the Theme Gallery - so far we didn't receive negative feedback, so I assume that once finalized, it will be a step in the right direction, correct?

But let's keep this thread about Marketing/Promotion, therefore please follow up on the Website Improvements in the 2009 XOOPS Website Redesign thread.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Runeher
  • 2008/11/24 7:51

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Quote:
Now... where are all those volunteers?

Yes, where are they? I know there are many excellent grapic designers in here. Why not step up and start making cool promotional banners etc. One of the things i miss here is a good "Link to us" section... I have already talked to Mamba about it and i have made a extended one (not finished) for XOOPS Nordic. I'm hoping for more banners, buttons, etc. to include...

Mamba
  • 2008/11/24 8:09

• Mamba

Quote:
One of the things i miss here is a good "Link to us" section... I have already talked to Mamba about it and i have made a extended one (not finished) for XOOPS Nordic. I'm hoping for more banners, buttons, etc. to include...

Yep, that was a very good idea, Rune, as soon as you're done, we'll be posting it here!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

hervet
  • 2008/11/24 10:28

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

ghia
  • 2008/11/24 14:55

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

See also some very wonderful and cool pictures from an French video in the works in the comments of the Spread XOOPS article.
Everyone is invited to post their XOOPS website URL in the French thread to be incorporated in the video or to follow the work in progress.

ghia
  • 2008/11/25 22:54

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Some more good news arrived today from SourceForge. In their monthly newsletter XOOPS has come in at 24 in their top 25 projects.
Quote:

8. STATISTICS AND TOP PROJECTS

Daily Stats for 24 November, 2008:

SF.net: 6,368,413 pages served
Open Source Files downloaded in 24 hour period: 4,286,228

---------------------------------------------------------
Top 25 Projects:

24. XOOPS Dynamic Web CMS
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops
XOOPS is a web application platform written in PHP for the MySQL database.
Its object orientation makes it an ideal tool for developing small or large
community websites, intra company and corporate portals, weblogs and much
more.

Mamba
Re: [spreadXOOPS] XOOPS is #24 Project on SourceForge
  • 2008/11/26 1:40

• Mamba

Quote:
24. XOOPS Dynamic Web CMS

AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits