Parafal
User profile module configuration in 2.3
  • 2008/9/29 23:37

• Parafal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/7 2

I tried to find an answer here using the search but I couldn't find so I'm posting this:

Now that I'm using the 2.3 version I'm having the following problem.

I can't see the profile of the members when I click on their names. I have only access to their e-mail, avatar e login name.

I tried everything in the admin painel. I put ALL for all the permission and the problem continues.

The funiest part is that I can see the complete details only when the member is in 2 differents groups (exemple visitor and users groups)

What I would like to know is where I can find a "manual" on how to configure this module? Because the information in the module is not very easy to understand.

Can anyone help me?

-|Parafal|-

DarinAllan
Re: User profile module configuration in 2.3

Yep I agree a simple tutorial would be great.

cheers ;o)

uncledos
  • 2008/10/1 2:15

• uncledos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/29

Quote:

Parafal wrote:
I tried to find an answer here using the search but I couldn't find so I'm posting this:

Now that I'm using the 2.3 version I'm having the following problem.

I can't see the profile of the members when I click on their names. I have only access to their e-mail, avatar e login name.

I tried everything in the admin painel. I put ALL for all the permission and the problem continues.

The funiest part is that I can see the complete details only when the member is in 2 differents groups (exemple visitor and users groups)

What I would like to know is where I can find a "manual" on how to configure this module? Because the information in the module is not very easy to understand.

Can anyone help me?

I also get the same problem. When registrated user click other username, they fail to see other user profile for quick "PM". This problem also happen within the same user level group.

Can anyone provide the script which I should modify, so that every user can view other user's profile without any security issue?

BTW, Thanks for your great job!

lachek
  • 2008/10/6 14:59

• lachek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/3 1

I'd like to second (third? fourd?) this issue. No problems accessing users' profiles before migrating from 2.0.18.2 to 2.3. Now, I can't even access my own users' profiles - I get the dreaded "sorry" permission error page, and get redirected to my own profile page.

Should I mark this down as a Bug?

Thanks!

lachek
  • 2008/10/6 15:42

• lachek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/3 1

Okay, so my guess is that the 2.3.1 RC1 upgrade will solve this issue?

I have not been able to apply it, since the upgrader seems to think I'm still at 2.0.18.2 and want to perform all the upgrades since then. I'm terrified of performing a series of upgrades I've already performed to a live server, so I'll likely wait until the 'RC' suffix has been dropped before trying again. Some of you may want to try it out, though, as it seems fixing the User Profile module was a major part of this bug fix upgrade.

DarinAllan

Once you have created your field, "text field" easiest one to try first as a start

You have to go to Permissions of the Profiles module admin, have a look at the existing permissions for other fields and adjust the Visibility (default when you first go there is "Field editable from profile") settings and the other settings accordingly, it's all fairly comprehensive and very configurable.

So if you select visibility from the drop down field (are they called that?) first, then below it, there are three more drop down fields

The Field Select the field you want to configure or set visibility for

is visible for easy option choose everyone, you can adjust things later if you want but for now everyone is fine, so you can at least see it.

Viewing a profile of easy option select everyone same as above, so for instance you can disallow viewing the webmasters profile if you wanted.

Have a look at the other options in the same drop down field as where you chose "Visibility" from.

With the site specific fields I created I didn't want anonymous to see those only other registered users so I had a bit more messing around to do.

It's involved at first but you will get the hang of it and this is coming from someone who couldn't create forms and fields if my life depended on it. I am still learning it, but there is a start to at least make them easily visible for everyone.

You can see what the existing original fields are set to so you can get an idea of what to do as well.

Hope that made sense lol.

Cheers....;o)

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits