cosco
Pls help: User registration, IP# and approving
  • 2008/9/18 15:28

• cosco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/16

I have a problem, it's not your problem of course, maybe it's normal but I think something is not right with the user registration.

I made the new use registration with the admin approval. Since right now the system doesn't send me any new registration e-mails (I'm working on it) I go to admin/system/find user and check the non-activated users and look. But I have to approve the user before I check the registration form. Why is that? If that's how it works so what's the point of "admin approval" I can't see anything without approving, maybe I won't approve that user after looking but no choice.

Also is there a way to get the IP# on registration form? I would like to see the IP# on the new user registration form...

help pls, this is like a nightmare

I use 2.0.18.2

Tazman_al
Re: Pls help: User registration, IP# and approving
  • 2008/9/18 21:22

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

No so much a solution - just another way of doing things.

You could create a user group called 'banned' and set no access to this group at all (i.e. no module access, no block access) and move the unwanted users into this group.

They could still browse the site as an anonymous user but as soon as they log-in they would just get pages showing only the header & footer of the site with no permission to view anything.

onasre
  • 2008/9/18 22:38

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

1- to solve the send email try , to use the same email as for the admin ..
»» go to admin »» preferences »» General Settings . Make sure the admin email is the same for the site webmaster.. so if u the admin and your email is x@x.com that listed in you profile than make it same to preferences »» General Settings

2- maybe this well help

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=186
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

cosco
  • 2008/9/18 23:43

• cosco

• Just popping in

thank you very much... ok, I created the group and put the users there but it's really not much help until the user starts writing, then I can see the IP# and check it.

There is a psycho and I'm afraid she will try to register. My forum area can't be seen unless you are a member. If there isn't a way around it maybe I can at least see the IP address. Can we do that?

onasre
  • 2008/9/19 4:12

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

You can Ban Her IP when she register m But your Problem is that there so many different ways to get around the ip issue , she can use proxy , or she might have dynamic IP address , which ip changes each time logs of or the modem reset .. the only way i see it each time she register you ban her ip from protector and from XOOPS Settings ..

if you banned her before and she came back that's mean she has a dynamic IP address.. and oh Boy she well Show up again if she wants until one of you gets tired.. Hope Not you
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

cosco
  • 2008/9/19 15:39

• cosco

• Just popping in

I also did troll tracking, but I did that after I deleted that user, so I can't be sure if it's in effect for her

here is the link troll tracking

cosco
  • 2008/9/21 1:53

• cosco

• Just popping in

No solution?

ghia
  • 2008/9/21 7:36

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
No solution?

For which of your problems?
You have tried many things, but it is unclear what are the results or what is the problem remaining.

cosco
  • 2008/9/22 2:22

• cosco

• Just popping in

my problems, actually some of them are requests;

1) I would like to see user registration information before I approve the user, not after

2) Maybe the user registration info can come on the same e-mail that system sends after a user registers.

3) I would like to see the IP# on the registration form.

is this clear enough?

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits