Georgeaha
Ultimate e-commerce solution, needs integration
  • 2008/8/8 18:39

• Georgeaha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/4 1

Hi All,

I know that we have been searching for a good e-commerce solution to integrate into XOOPS for sometime. I believe our search is over. This is a opensource e-commerce solution that is probably the most advanced I have seen. It's still indevelopment a couple bugs and leaves most e-commerce solutions in the dust.

www.openfreeway.org

The developers have already created an integration into Joomla. I believe if we have a comple talented people integrating into XOOPS it would have a significantly positive impact to the community.

it's features rich including

* Sell Service, Events, Subscriptions and Products
* Call Centre backend
* POS
* Customer groups
* Discounts
* Search Engine Friendly URLs
* Full Joomla integration -
* AJAX driven Admin tool
* Simple Template system
* 2 Level CMS
* Affliate programme
* Multiple shipping and payment options
* Newsletter manager
* Promotion codes
* Gift certificates
* SMS Marketing
* Powerful Reports

bprado
Re: Ultimate e-commerce solution, needs integration
  • 2009/2/26 3:34

• bprado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/9/9 1

I like this e-commerce solutionhttp://www.prestashop.com/

Burning
  • 2009/2/26 3:48

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi

Magento seems to be an excellent product too.

But my preference goes to Oledrion
Still learning CSS and... english

sailjapan

Oledrion impresses the hell out of me too. Give it a try, it's perfect for a small store, and probably even for a big one
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

bprado
  • 2009/3/1 22:56

• bprado

• Not too shy to talk

Oledrion is good i like it, but only have the paypal gateway and if you want another gateway you have to pay and is not cheap

deka87
  • 2009/3/2 4:40

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

One more thing is that Oledrion doesn't sell subscriptions, and of course only PayPal gateways. For most of east Europe countries and Russia in particular PayPal is something we don't use. It'd be cool to have a british MoneyBookers gateway and some of the Russian gateways like Webmoney or Yandex.Money but that's another issue for Russian developers.
Mind anchors

Mamba
  • 2009/3/2 4:53

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Why would it be an issue?

With PayPal you can use any of the major Credit Cards, so you don't have to have PayPayl account at all, just a Credit Card.

How are the other gateways operating? What do they use? Do people have to have account with them?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

deka87
  • 2009/3/2 5:32

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

We have totally different system, Mamba. As in regard to PayPal, as I am the owner of the website, I need a merchant account in PayPal to accept money, but Russians (and another half of the world) are not allowed to receive or withdraw money via PayPal, so it becomes useless for me as a seller. As in regard to MoneyBookers, it works just the same as PayPal but we can receive and withdraw funds. Regarding to Webmoney and Yandex.Money you need to have a personal account to pay for stuff. There are such gateways for E-commerce CMS and for Nuke.. seems like Russian XOOPS module developers are too lazy =))
Mind anchors

bprado
  • 2009/3/2 12:32

• bprado

• Not too shy to talk

In my case Mamba, i live in Panama, and i cant withdraw the money from PayPal, so i have to use 2co or MoneyBookers because that two can make a transfer to my bank account in Panama.

zyspec
  • 2009/3/2 14:54

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I haven't really looked at Oledrion, Magento, prestashop, OpenFreeway, or others but just following this thread it occurred to me...

Why port another ecommerce solution if Oledrion works except for the fact that cost of the alternate payment gateways is perceived to be too high? Obviously the module has the architecture to allow additional plugin payment methods since they're available for a fee from the author.

Seems to me like it would be easier for someone to recreate the alternate payment gateway plugins and make them available for free or at a reduced rate than what's available now from Instant Zero. I think you'd have more success finding someone to write a plugin than port a whole new ecommerce solution - especially if the primary goal is for it to be less expensive than Oledrion with the gateways.

I personally don't think it's unreasonable for Instant Zero to charge for additional features since they take effort to develop. If you can find someone to create the plugin and want to donate it back to the community that'd be great too.

Just a thought...

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits