VegasRich
XOOPS upgrade crashes site... Please assist!!!
  • 2008/5/27 15:07

• VegasRich

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/27

Folks,
I am on XOOPS Version: 2.0.9.2 and having a major issue when running upgrade:

Xoops
Location Installed Version Upgrade Link
/ 2.0.9.2 Upgrade to 2.0.18.1

When XOOPS is upgraded using the link below it errors and brings down the website. The support staff at Midphase had to restore the website from the backup that Fantastico took to bring it back online for me... Here is the info on the system the website is on:

Operating system Linux
Kernel version 2.6.9999-MIDPHAZED-410a66d10418e44a615e653ff4a8476e
Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.0
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 5.0.45-community
cPanel Version 11.18.3-STABLE 21703
Theme midPhase 1.0.3.2 (05.05.2005) (Studio)

We are desperately trying to get this upgraded and don't want to abandon XOOPS if at all possible. Please advise and thank you.

zyspec
Re: XOOPS upgrade crashes site... Please assist!!!
  • 2008/5/27 18:03

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Can you tell us which XOOPS modules (and versions), XOOPS theme, etc. you are using?

It would also really help if you could tell us EXACTLY what you attempted when you did the update (a step by step process would be very useful).

Truthfully I'm surprised that XOOPS 2.0.9.2 is running on your server when I look at the server configuration.

VegasRich
  • 2008/5/28 19:03

• VegasRich

• Just popping in

Mods are:

System Admin v1
Forum v1
News v1.1
FAQ v1.1
Weblinks v1.1
Downloads v1.1
Polls v1

As far as what exactly happened... The upgrade button was pushed in my control panel (midPhase Control Center "cPanel") under scripts library > fantastico

Here's what is says:
"Use Fantastico to automatically install any of the scripts listed on the left. Installing any script will use one of your available MySQL databases. Removing any script will free up one of your used MySQL databases.

Click on any of the items on the left to get more details.

UPDATE NOW!
Following installations are not up-to-date. Keep your installations secure and up-to-date and ensure that future versions of Fantastico will be able to maintain your installations by updating now.

Xoops
Location Installed Version Upgrade Link
/ 2.0.9.2 Upgrade to 2.0.18.1 "

You click on "Upgrade to 2.0.18.1" to begin the installation. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/28 19:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
VegasRich wrote:

UPDATE NOW!
Following installations are not up-to-date. Keep your installations secure and up-to-date and ensure that future versions of Fantastico will be able to maintain your installations by updating now.

Dang...... there's the problem for sure. Flippin' auto-install scripts. They give you no control and you can't be certain of what they're doing to your site.

You say that your hosts can restore you to where you were? Ask them to do it and get your site working as it was.

You do need to upgrade as your XOOPS version is very long in the tooth.

You can do the upgrade yourself. Download the full 2.0.18.1 package from the link on the homepage and follow these instructions (nothing changed between 2.0.18 and 2.0.18.1 in this regard):

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4083

PS: Take a full backup of your database first. I think all of those modules will be okay, too, but some of them need upgrading too. Also, you would be wise to use the Protector module too

DarinAllan

I think fantastico will backup all non core files to a folder called (funnily enough) fantastico_backup/s. Do what JAVesey said though, then let us know what version of XOOPS you have been restored to, post that then we can take it from there.

I wasn't too sure if you meant the host restored the site to the 2.0.9.2 XOOPS version or not. What version are you on right now?

There are a couple of ways to get out of this but it's best to do it the right way now, not the CPanel auto upgrade way ever lol. I would probably at the very least back up your database straight away though, you can use CPanel to backup the DB, it does that quite well!

Cheers ;o)

VegasRich
  • 2008/5/29 7:19

• VegasRich

• Just popping in

Thanks all. Still on v2.0.9.2. The host did the restore from fantastico for me. Hopefully they can do it again if this doesn't work... I'll read the install doc and get the download files from where you suggested. Thank you. I will have to read up on the Protector module since this is the first I have heard of it... I'll post back soon, I'm sure... Should I start a new thread or continue on this one? Thanks again.

VegasRich
  • 2008/5/29 7:29

• VegasRich

• Just popping in

Also, the upgrade packages in the file I downloaded does not have an upgrade that goes back to 2.0.9.2. Will I need to download an older file first? I know on some Firmware/Software updates you can't jump too far forward in one leap. I was wondering if that is part of the problem here, too???

DarinAllan

this post by stefan is probably relevant to your situation, read the upgrade bit towards the end of the post.

Upgrade

VegasRich
  • 2008/5/29 18:28

• VegasRich

• Just popping in

Outstanding, friend! Thank you. I am really diggin' the support I've got from you guys. If I can get this upgrade going and get videos streaming on the site I am taking you (DarinAllan) and JAVesey out for drinks, cause you've earned it... Just let me know when you will be in Vegas!

CHEERS Friendz!

Login

Who's Online

476 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 476

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits