Trener
Bottom blocks are not visible
  • 2008/2/28 2:16

• Trener

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/16

I read 2 posts about this problem. But there was no real solution. So I'm asking now same question.

How to make bottom blocks visible in a theme?

For some unknown reason bottom blocks are not visible. If I all put them on top and set weight, then is ok. But if I want to put them on bottom, below one module (content) on top site, blocks are not visible.

It looks it's something wrong with themes because I found 2 themes shown the blocks right way. I tried some 40 themes and all of theme don't show bottom blocks. Except those 2 off course.

So, is there any solution how to fix other themes to show bottom blocks?

Thanks for any answer.

phppp
Re: Bottom blocks are not visible
  • 2008/2/28 2:44

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

The themes are old, check default theme in 2.0.18.1

Burning
  • 2008/2/28 3:20

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi,

That's not difficult. Just copy these lines (at the right place ) in theme.html

<!-- 
End display center blocks -->
        <
div id="content">
          <{
$xoops_contents}>
        </
div>
        <{if 
$xoBlocks.page_bottomleft or $xoBlocks.page_bottomright or $xoBlocks.page_bottomcenter}>
        <
table cellspacing="0">
        <{if 
$xoBlocks.page_bottomcenter}>
        <
tr><td id="bottomCcolumn" colspan="2">
            <{foreach 
from=$xoBlocks.page_bottomcenter item=block}><{include file="default/theme_blockcenter_c.html"}><{/foreach}>
            </
td>
        </
tr>
        <{/if}>
        <{if 
$xoBlocks.page_bottomleft or $xoBlocks.page_bottomright}>
        <
tr>
            <
td id="bottomLcolumn">
                <{foreach 
from=$xoBlocks.page_bottomleft item=block}><{include file="default/theme_blockcenter_l.html"}><{/foreach}>
            </
td>
            <
td id="bottomRcolumn">
                <{foreach 
from=$xoBlocks.page_bottomright item=block}><{include file="default/theme_blockcenter_r.html"}><{/foreach}>
            </
td>
        </
tr>
        <{/if}>
        </
table>
        <{/if}>

@+
Still learning CSS and... english

Trener
  • 2008/2/28 9:12

• Trener

• Just popping in

Quote:

phppp wrote:
The themes are old, check default theme in 2.0.18.1

I know themes are old. But I would still like to use them since there is no new themes. At this time I can chose between few hundred themes. If it's possible I'll try to fix them so I can use them on my site.

Your solution to check default theme in XOOPS 2.0.18 is not good for me because it's only one theme. And who knows if I like it?

I'd like to use more themes on my site. At this time I have 15 of them avaliable for users. your solution would give me only one theme avaliable.

Quote:

Burning wrote:
hi,

That's not difficult. Just copy these lines (at the right place ) in theme.html

Thanks for your help and solution.

The code you gave me did the trick. But we would need to do one correction. If you have time of course. Because I don't have any knowlidge in programming or PHP or HTML.

Now I have on my top site what I want. Firs the default module (content) and below bottom blocks. At that point this should be the end of the site. BUT, after the bottom blocks, below them, once again default theme is shown. That means I have now first default theme, then bottom blocks and after them once again default theme.

Can we remove somehow the bottom default theme? Hehe, one on top is enough for me!!!

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/28 9:42

• Anonymous

• Since:

Can you post a link to your site so we can see what's going on?

However, it should be obvious what you need to remove if you compare your theme.html file with the theme.html file in a XOOPS 2.0.14+ compliant theme, e.g. the default theme's theme.html

You can get a big hint if you open a copy of your theme.html that's on your pc (i.e. not online) in your web-browser. There will be no content or colours but you will see on-screen text that will help you.

Even better..... I've PM-ed you with my email address. send me a copy of your problematic theme.html and I'll sort it out for you

How's that for an offer?

Trener
  • 2008/2/28 12:53

• Trener

• Just popping in

I used all the informations you gave me and made some improvements. I have been playing with 2 themes and it looks I managed to get them to work. I copied that giben part of code and removed one line from original. The first line after the line: <!-- End display center blocks --> was removed (this is the line => <div id="content">). Because it is alreday included in a given code. This line was the problem. It was there twice and showed default module twice on a top page.

You can check it on website:

www.javnomnenje.com

It's Slovenian and you wil probabla not understand a thing since it's translated.

I was playing with themes: cslite, foliage and default

But still one thing bothers me. If I compare position of blocks with default theme and with the situation from before I notice that blocks are not positioned symetrical. Their width are not the same. One is wider then the other.

If I change position of the blocks again back to top, width becomes equal for left and right block.

I don't need to do anything with default theme. It shows blocks correctly (even the width) all the time no matter what is the position of blocks.

I'm sure there is something I should change or set in theme.html. But without your help I will never find what to change.

Quest
  • 2008/2/28 14:03

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I notice in your theme center column you have arranged it so only the bottom blocks will show. As phppp mentioned you should use the default theme and style-meaning the coding from the default theme and style for that section of the theme. This would give you better and full use of the XOOPS functionality.

As for the Cslite theme, you are calling for a style of td id="bottomRcolumn" and the same for td id="bottomLcolumn" but your style.css does not have either of these. What it has is td#centerLcolumn and td#centerRcolumn and the td#centerLcolumn in your style.css is set for 49% and the td#centerRcolumn in your style.css is set for 50%. I am not so sure this makes a difference however since you aren't calling this in your theme. Either way you should not have to have a width setting for the center left or right blocks.

Best thing to do is rework you chosen themes using the default theme coding and default theme style.css. But of course use the color settings and graphics from your chosen themes.

Hang in there it gets easier!

Quest

Burning
  • 2008/2/28 14:22

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi,

A small tutorial about what you can do with blocs in center column here

@+
Still learning CSS and... english

Trener
  • 2008/2/28 16:28

• Trener

• Just popping in

Quote:

Burning wrote:
hi,

A small tutorial about what you can do with blocs in center column here

@+

I have checked it but it's French. And I couldn't find version in English. So it's helpless for me.

Anyway it seems it's going to be quite a task to repair all themes. Because I'm using 15 of them on the site and I have another 15 on testings to include them into the site. That means a lot of work. I think I will need to check forum for some help and tutorial about what and where to change. Because I don't have any idea what to do with the default theme and what to change and where to implement old theme into new default theme from 2.0.18.

But, I will try. As I see it can't be very hard to do.

Trener
  • 2008/3/4 14:28

• Trener

• Just popping in

Well I decided to follow phppp and Quest advise. To use default theme from 2.0.18.1 and transfer all themes to new default theme.

As it's obvious I don't have any idea how to do that it would be very helpful to give me the directions what do do with the old themes and new default theme. If anyone is ready and have a will to teach "us" how to do this I would be very gratefull. Everybody is welcome to post his knowledge here.

You can think that this thread could be a good tutorial for other users who has also problems with themes and would like to transfer the old theme into new one.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits