paatie1
Re: Yogurt Social Network 2.9 BETA
  • 2008/2/22 11:23

• paatie1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/19

Hi guys

I need some help as well, I don't know if it's a bug or I did something wrong. All the users that belong to the webmaster group cannot see their user profile, when they click on yogurt social it just shows a blank page. but if I remove that user from the webmaster group every thing works fine. I'm had 2.9 and upgraded to 3.0 still the same problem.

Thanks

chicks
  • 2008/2/25 15:38

• chicks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/14

Okay I had my tech install frameworks and upgrade to latest xoops...I can delete scraps now, however the avatar still gets this
--------
Bad, Bad Module...No cachaça for you!
Unfortunately, this module has acted in an unexpected way. Hopefully it will return to its helpful self if you try again.
-----------------

Did anyone every find a fix for this? I read back but didn't find one.

maydo
  • 2008/2/25 16:04

• maydo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/30

same here with avatars
wasn dess
www.remixland.de

frogX
  • 2008/2/26 9:23

• frogX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/7 9

Same problem here with avatars.
I found the following:

I use XOOPS 2.0.18. the field for the avatar-file in the user-table is varchar(30).

On uploading an image yogurt generatet a thumb with names like: thumb_pic_1_47c34e049f36e.jpg where the first number is the uid.
Up to uid 99 everything went well, but starting with uid 100 the name ist too long for fitting in the user-table.

Up to now I have no solution.

First attempt was to change the thumbnail name. But it is hard-coded and I dont’t manage to find all places. So if I change it in the yogurt_images.php the whole upload-thing is broken. On the other hand, if I change the name, all users have to re-upload theire images before they can use it as avatar.

Second attempt was to change the field in the user-table. I increase it to 40 digits and change the definition in the kernel/avatar.php ... but up to now it's not working ...

greetings, volker

found it: in kernel/user.php is a second definition for the avatar-variable. I changed it here to 40 as well and now avatrs work for uid greater than 99.

suico
  • 2008/2/26 12:47

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/24

Thanks for all the comments. I am quite busy , this is boring me cause I wanna work on yogurt. Thanks frog , this is good news, on next version I will fix this making the image names shorter. This is an easy fix and will not cause more problems anymore.
Yogurt Social Network Service
Visit:http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/

chicks
  • 2008/2/26 14:59

• chicks

• Just popping in

Thanks Frogx, okay I went to the last option you suggested and changed that number to 40 from 30.. i no longer get that bad module error however the avatar is just a red x. I'm almost there, please tell me what I did wrong..

frogX
  • 2008/2/26 16:38

• frogX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/7 9

uhh ... did you know what you are doing?

Have you change the database-strukture by phpMyAdmin too?
If you only change the variable-definition, you get no longer an error, but the name is trunkaded in the database.

Change in the table xoops_users the user_avatar field to a lenght of 40 ...

But be carefull, phpMyAdmin is a not tool to play around with.

greetings, volker

antifmradio

im still waiting for a responce to this one please?
Its about my Tribes and how to delete them if i can get to their lilnks.

----------------------- here
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=284128#forumpost284128

chicks
  • 2008/2/26 16:43

• chicks

• Just popping in

Well apparently I don't LOL..but I will give this to my tech and ask him to do it.
Thanks!

maydo
  • 2008/2/26 16:56

• maydo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/30

Quote:

frogX wrote:
Same problem here with avatars.
I found the following:

I use XOOPS 2.0.18. the field for the avatar-file in the user-table is varchar(30).

On uploading an image yogurt generatet a thumb with names like: thumb_pic_1_47c34e049f36e.jpg where the first number is the uid.
Up to uid 99 everything went well, but starting with uid 100 the name ist too long for fitting in the user-table.

Up to now I have no solution.

First attempt was to change the thumbnail name. But it is hard-coded and I dont’t manage to find all places. So if I change it in the yogurt_images.php the whole upload-thing is broken. On the other hand, if I change the name, all users have to re-upload theire images before they can use it as avatar.

Second attempt was to change the field in the user-table. I increase it to 40 digits and change the definition in the kernel/avatar.php ... but up to now it's not working ...

greetings, volker

found it: in kernel/user.php is a second definition for the avatar-variable. I changed it here to 40 as well and now avatrs work for uid greater than 99.

this works for me
thx
wasn dess
www.remixland.de

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits