Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/22 11:23
paatie1
paatie1 (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2007/12/19

Re: Yogurt Social Network 2.9 BETA

Hi guys

I need some help as well, I don't know if it's a bug or I did something wrong. All the users that belong to the webmaster group cannot see their user profile, when they click on yogurt social it just shows a blank page. but if I remove that user from the webmaster group every thing works fine. I'm had 2.9 and upgraded to 3.0 still the same problem.

Thanks

chicks

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/25 15:38
chicks
chicks (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2007/2/14

Okay I had my tech install frameworks and upgrade to latest xoops...I can delete scraps now, however the avatar still gets this
--------
Bad, Bad Module...No cachaça for you!
Unfortunately, this module has acted in an unexpected way. Hopefully it will return to its helpful self if you try again.
-----------------

Did anyone every find a fix for this? I read back but didn't find one.

maydo

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/25 16:04
maydo
maydo (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2004/12/30

same here with avatars
wasn dess
www.remixland.de

frogX

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/26 9:23
frogX
frogX (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2008/2/7 9

Same problem here with avatars.
I found the following:

I use XOOPS 2.0.18. the field for the avatar-file in the user-table is varchar(30).

On uploading an image yogurt generatet a thumb with names like: thumb_pic_1_47c34e049f36e.jpg where the first number is the uid.
Up to uid 99 everything went well, but starting with uid 100 the name ist too long for fitting in the user-table.

Up to now I have no solution.

First attempt was to change the thumbnail name. But it is hard-coded and I dont’t manage to find all places. So if I change it in the yogurt_images.php the whole upload-thing is broken. On the other hand, if I change the name, all users have to re-upload theire images before they can use it as avatar.

Second attempt was to change the field in the user-table. I increase it to 40 digits and change the definition in the kernel/avatar.php ... but up to now it's not working ...

greetings, volker

found it: in kernel/user.php is a second definition for the avatar-variable. I changed it here to 40 as well and now avatrs work for uid greater than 99.

suico

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2008/2/26 12:47
suico
suico (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS
Since: 2003/7/24

Thanks for all the comments. I am quite busy , this is boring me cause I wanna work on yogurt. Thanks frog , this is good news, on next version I will fix this making the image names shorter. This is an easy fix and will not cause more problems anymore.
Yogurt Social Network Service
Visit: http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/

chicks

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/26 14:59
chicks
chicks (Show more)
Just popping in

Thanks Frogx, okay I went to the last option you suggested and changed that number to 40 from 30.. i no longer get that bad module error however the avatar is just a red x. I'm almost there, please tell me what I did wrong..

frogX

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/26 16:38
frogX
frogX (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2008/2/7 9

uhh ... did you know what you are doing?

Have you change the database-strukture by phpMyAdmin too?
If you only change the variable-definition, you get no longer an error, but the name is trunkaded in the database.

Change in the table xoops_users the user_avatar field to a lenght of 40 ...

But be carefull, phpMyAdmin is a not tool to play around with.

greetings, volker

antifmradio

Just can't stay away
Posted on: 2008/2/26 16:41
antifmradio
antifmradio (Show more)
Just can't stay away
Since: 2007/8/15

im still waiting for a responce to this one please?
Its about my Tribes and how to delete them if i can get to their lilnks.

----------------------- here
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewto ... id=284128#forumpost284128

chicks

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/26 16:43
chicks
chicks (Show more)
Just popping in

Well apparently I don't LOL..but I will give this to my tech and ask him to do it.
Thanks!

maydo

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/2/26 16:56
maydo
maydo (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2004/12/30

Quote:

frogX wrote:
Same problem here with avatars.
I found the following:

I use XOOPS 2.0.18. the field for the avatar-file in the user-table is varchar(30).

On uploading an image yogurt generatet a thumb with names like: thumb_pic_1_47c34e049f36e.jpg where the first number is the uid.
Up to uid 99 everything went well, but starting with uid 100 the name ist too long for fitting in the user-table.

Up to now I have no solution.

First attempt was to change the thumbnail name. But it is hard-coded and I dont’t manage to find all places. So if I change it in the yogurt_images.php the whole upload-thing is broken. On the other hand, if I change the name, all users have to re-upload theire images before they can use it as avatar.

Second attempt was to change the field in the user-table. I increase it to 40 digits and change the definition in the kernel/avatar.php ... but up to now it's not working ...

greetings, volker

found it: in kernel/user.php is a second definition for the avatar-variable. I changed it here to 40 as well and now avatrs work for uid greater than 99.

this works for me
thx
wasn dess
www.remixland.de