Predator
Re: Do you use Vista?
  • 2007/11/14 21:38

• Predator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/20

I have a MacBook Pro updated to the new Leopard and a Desktop PC with Fedora 7 have no Windows since 4 years and don't missed it
Predator

- Time is a created thing. To say, "I don't have time" is like saying "I don't want to."
- Lao-Tzu......

incama
  • 2007/11/15 4:57

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Well okay, this is a nice thread,

I have two notebooks, one running on w2k for old browser tests, one with Xp and Ubuntu.

One administrative workstation is running Ubuntu, and my own workstation running Xp (although brand new, I still have choosen Xp above Vista, because I buy the hardware for running my design tools, not just to run a bloated os that uses alot of resources). I also would like to run it on Ubuntu, but not only are all my design tools "windows only" also I like to play games, so I'm abit stuck and driven into a corner^^ (and no, wine is no option for me).
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

MadFish
  • 2007/11/15 5:30

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Dual boot is a good option - I have vista and ubuntu running on my laptop, both have their uses.

sato-san
  • 2007/11/15 7:10

• sato-san

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/7/1 1

I have my Windows completely erased. My email and my data I could. Now running Ubunutu Linux, and I am very pleased. I had to install VMware, now can I test my Web-Design with a MS-OS.

seth_sd
  • 2007/11/15 10:49

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

sato-san wrote:
I have my Windows completely erased. My email and my data I could. Now running Ubunutu Linux, and I am very pleased. I had to install VMware, now can I test my Web-Design with a MS-OS.

VMWare on Ubuntu running Windows is a nice option...No need for dual-boot. Just boot up Windows inside Ubuntu when you need it...Maybe I'll do that.
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

DarinAllan

Vista noooooo

Gutsy Gibbon - Desktop (hanging out for hungry hungry hippo ;o)) That really should be the next name lol.

Mythbuntu - Home Entertainment PC

PFsense (based on FreeBSD I think) - Firewall

No Gates or Windows here! ;o)

paris
  • 2007/11/15 11:44

• paris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/15

Vista -> never
Kubuntu -> for ever

regards.

aph3x
  • 2007/11/15 12:26

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Resized Image
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

DarinAllan

lol

wishcraft

I have been using microsoft stuff for awhile have always owned, it I am thinking about loading some version of Linux on my dual xeon service to make use of the platform but that will be retired to a Linux server.

Both run XP fine, the lappy and the server... But one think I will mention about microsoft operating systems... Don't use them at any cost before SP2 (Service Pack 2)..

I have been using the borland and microsoft dev packages for sometime, I newbie still in ways to other platforms. Only been writting in linux systems for around 4 years, never ran it tho..

Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits