Catzwolf
If Xoops had a administration CPanel, what you would you like.....
  • 2007/11/9 19:11

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

What information would you like available to you as the admistrator of your XOOPS site in the backend administration cpanel?

Would be interested to hear what you people have to say about this and maybe create a wish list for future versions of Xoops.

Anonymous
Re: If Xoops had a administration CPanel, what you would you like.....
  • 2007/11/9 19:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

1. I'd love something like a port of phpmyadmin to tweak database entries directly from within the AdminPanel...... with an idiot mode/option to turn it off for the less confident

2. I've always thought that some kind of notification system behind the scenes here at xoops.org which would let users know when module updates are available would be ultra cool.

That would need a system somewhere for module developers to post when updates are available and a willingness for the developers to do so. Unless all modules had a "phone home feature"........

Obviously, that's something beyond an admin-side tweak

skenow
  • 2007/11/9 22:39

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:

2. I've always thought that some kind of notification system behind the scenes here at xoops.org which would let users know when module updates are available would be ultra cool.

That would need a system somewhere for module developers to post when updates are available and a willingness for the developers to do so. Unless all modules had a "phone home feature"........

Obviously, that's something beyond an admin-side tweak

The xoopsinfo module does do that, but as you said, the module developers need to add that awareness to their modules.

davidl2
  • 2007/11/9 22:58

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

A more flexible admin permission structure.

Would be good to see this in more modules also.

phppp
  • 2007/11/11 3:04

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Very good topic.

Is there anyone willing to organize a "XOOPS CPanel" project and call for following people to contribute together:
1 UEs
2 UIs
3 end-users

Anonymous
  • 2007/11/11 9:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
phppp wrote:

Very good topic.

Yep.... definitely

Quote:
phppp wrote:

Is there anyone willing to organize a "XOOPS CPanel" project and call for following people to contribute together..........

Given that he has offered his help on a number of occasions, perhaps the originator of this thread might be willing to organise something? Particularly if he can delegate most of the coding as per his express wish

Sounds like he might have something in mind, too......

Perhaps any changes being developed for future releases could provide a starting point and there's a lot of enthusiasm from the Brazilians. So how about Catz and Giba to work together on this, with assistance from others?

How about it, guys?

I wish I could code...... I'd be in like a shot on this if I could

wtravel

I have been working on a new permissions structure for another (private) project, I can easily recode it for use in XOOPS.

It involves the use of groups and sub groups and the use of permission names. Permissions are defined at module level and upon module installation added to the DB with default settings. Permissions can be linked to groups/sub groups in the administration panel.

svaha
  • 2007/11/11 10:39

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I like a setup like :http://exm.amevita.eu/uploads/publish/screenshots/index.html

I would like to have a button for site maintenance with options like : optimise/check/repair database and empty some tables as well as directories that are known to get filled as time goes bye.

I would like the blocks 'connected' to the modules, so when I enter the module menu there is a button 'blocks'.
The way it is now is a pain in the ... especially if you have many modules installed.

I would like a better user 'handling' but for this I think that there first should be a better, more consistent 'profile' module / software.

A build in password for admin entrance, a password with an automatic time out.
What doesn't kill me,
makes me stronger.

http://exm.amevita.eu
http://www.amevita.eu
http://www.alohaspirit.nl

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits