CeroKool
Flickr, Photobucket, etc.
  • 2007/11/5 18:37

• CeroKool

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/17

I'm sure this is somewhere out there. I can't find it.

I like the image gallerys that are here. But, I don't want to use my bandwidth. Is there a module that will display pictures from picture servers like flickr or photobucket, and such.

I wouldn't know how to do it for flickr, but for photobucket:
Categorize images (albums). Each album has thumbnails. Each thumbnail shows it's picture. Each picture links to the picture page, for example:

if they enter the Direct Link:http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/reaid68/yingyang.jpg
then...

thumbnail:http://th164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/reaid68/th_yingyang.jpg to see this:
Resized Image

picture:
Resized Image

and for the link:
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/reaid68/?action=view¤t=yingyang.jpg

CeroKool
Re: Flickr, Photobucket, etc.
  • 2007/11/7 21:22

• CeroKool

• Just popping in

anyone?

CeroKool
XoopsTube as Image Module
  • 2009/2/1 16:30

• CeroKool

• Just popping in

Still looking for this module. Maybe there is a module out there. Something similar to MyTube (former XoopsTube).

I want to primarily use it for the display of photos or pictures from a different host (e.g. Photobucket). And if nesessary, upload as a last resort.

zyspec
Re: Flickr, Photobucket, etc.
  • 2009/2/10 18:25

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Creating a Photobucket module can definitely be done. The API from Photobucket is pretty straight forward.

There's a couple of things that would need to be done first - and unfortunately I can't "sign up" to create it in my spare time right now - although if someone wants to contract to get it done we could create a schedule to work on it.

First you would need to create a "Statement-of-Work" indicating what you want this module to do. For example; I assume this module will just let users display photos from your private albums, right? Do you (as the admin) need to be able to upload or edit photos, titles, etc to your Photobucket account? What about allowing users to post comments on your Photobucket albums? Does it need to support videos too?

Realize that any time you answered 'Yes' to items above it adds to the complexity of the module - which means more time to develop (and higher costs if you end up hiring a developer).

zyspec
Re: XoopsTube as Image Module
  • 2009/2/11 18:40

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

If all you want to do is create a way to import images into your content (say in SmartSection, etc) then it should be relatively straight forward to create a plugin for one of the xoopseditors (fckeditor, TinyMCE, etc.) to allow you to display any public image from Photobucket.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits