Re: Yogurt Social Network Service
  • 2007/10/23 14:05

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Quote:

suico wrote:
You're welcome preachur.

Just added the possibility to make comments when in the tribes page. I am not sure I will maintain the comments as XOOPS comments system , maybe I will make a proper system so the owner of the tribe can edit and delete the comments, still thinking about it. What do you think?

I think that would be a great idea. That is something that would make it more manageable. I really like where you are going with all of this.

On one project I was formerly working on we adapted the core notifications system to email only with html templates. We never created the administration system for it though. I can try to find that code for you if you like. With a little more coding and customizing it would make a great newsletter module or hack. Essentially, when applied, it allows a user to subscribe to and receive very attractive administrator-customized email notifications.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

shalommemphi

Well I might be just alone in this question. But I was happy with the original YOGURT ALBUM. And was looking forward to its final release.

I guess it took on this whole Social Networking approach.

I just liked it for my members to have a more enhanced profile for getting to know more about them, but without all the SOCIAL Aspects.

Will these be options that the Administrator can turn on our off for its site??

Either way...GREAT MODULE>>>>>
Helping each other with Knowledge

suico
  • 2007/10/25 12:39

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/24

Quote:
I think that would be a great idea. That is something that would make it more manageable. I really like where you are going with all of this.

On one project I was formerly working on we adapted the core notifications system to email only with html templates. We never created the administration system for it though. I can try to find that code for you if you like. With a little more coding and customizing it would make a great newsletter module or hack. Essentially, when applied, it allows a user to subscribe to and receive very attractive administrator-customized email notifications.

I think this is a very interesting module you are talking about, why don t you finish its code and release it here on XOOPS org?

For the moment I don t intend to add these capabilities into yogurt sorry :(

Quote:
by Giba on 2007/10/23 13:35:00

I received request to add friends and confirmed. I am seeing users duplicate in my profile.

in portuguese:

Recebi solicitação para adicionar amigos e confirmei. Estou vendo usuários duplicados no meu perfil.

Yogurt Social Network Service - Test

Yes you are right, this is a bug, I need some time to work on it but doesn t seem too dificult to be solved.

Quote:
by shalommemphi on 2007/10/24 18:44:18

Well I might be just alone in this question. But I was happy with the original YOGURT ALBUM. And was looking forward to its final release.

I guess it took on this whole Social Networking approach.

I just liked it for my members to have a more enhanced profile for getting to know more about them, but without all the SOCIAL Aspects.

Will these be options that the Administrator can turn on our off for its site??

Either way...GREAT MODULE>>>>>

You are not alone on this, and i was considering having two diferent modules, a yogurt album and the yogurt social network, but i changed my mind and am working on the permissions feature so the admin can define what is available to members , you will be able then to easily turn off all the other aspects of yogurt so you can still have only the album.

The release date for the beta is arriving and I am getting worried if I will be able to finish all the features I have promised for this release date. I still have a lot of work to do for the end of my master course in software engeneering and this is very time consuming so i am having very little time for yogurt and will have very little time again for it this weekend. Then I am seriously considering to postpone the release date for a month and release it only in 30th november :( :( :( But it is better to ´postpone and release everything the right way than to release it all buged and make everyone sad . It will also diminish the work for having to make later some upgrade scripts for the newer version. Sorry :(
Yogurt Social Network Service
Visit:http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/

suico
  • 2007/10/26 22:41

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

Have just done what i promised to shalommemphi. Now the admin can choose in administration what features will be enabled (videos, photos, scraps(messages), tribes, friends)
Let me back to work now...

suico
  • 2007/10/27 12:44

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

Translations files are ready for the translators work. Maybe one or two things will change before the last release but I think no substancial changings will happen. So please visit this page and download the files:
http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6

venose
  • 2007/10/27 17:25

• venose

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/23

hello verry nice job!
maybe a idea to look the design like this ajax style?
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3833

i will follow this great script

antifmradio

Quote:

suico wrote:
Translations files are ready for the translators work. Maybe one or two things will change before the last release but I think no substancial changings will happen. So please visit this page and download the files:
http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6

sorry suico but i cant open your website right now

seems like its offline or even as if the domain isnt there ??

suico
  • 2007/10/28 19:45

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes unfortunately since yesterday my host is having problems. That remembered me why i gave up to have a website the last time I had one. It is really anoying to have this kind of problems everytime you need the site the site is off. As soon as it come back to life I ll post here again.

Thanks for reporting.

A bettrer english translation is being done by wizanda. So maybe it was even good to not have the site on ... :(

antifmradio

suico if you need space allocated inside my personal server where you can have full access to install and test things out please get in touch with me directly

i have a client with server access on another server im not using for more then their needs and they are flaking alittle bit. If you need to space and use, im sure i can make that happen for your needs.

my host company is a friend of mine (personally) so he keeps me on top of the list of THINGS TO DO if ever there is a fialure

I have been with him for 7 years now and have only had 3 failures ( 2 of which were because construction clipped communication lines)

Let me know hommie

antifmradio

its 8:52am Eastern Standard Time everyone and just wanted to shoot a message that Suico's website seems like its running again.

Id like to know who that host is...... incase i need someone new to stay away from.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits