vaughan
Re: Proposal: Towards A Sustainable Open Source Project
  • 2007/10/24 19:47

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

why does it bother you nuno? you don't even use XOOPS at all? so y do you even bother coming here with your crap.

go back to XOOPS Cube which is what you actually use and support!

BlueStocking

<EDIT> ...bs

I apologize for my part in this off topic and respectfully request all off topic posts be removed to another area. This is much to important of a subject to get sidetracked with personalities.

...darcy
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

skenow
  • 2007/10/24 23:45

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Clarification, please, DJ - is this a response to the thread by Crip, or is it a separate proposal? Is this put forward as your proposal, or as one of the council's?

phppp
  • 2007/10/25 2:04

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Some clarification:

1 "It must be emphasised that this proposal is simply the starting point for beginning discussions, not the end point."
So any comments are welcome but please make comments constructive and keep discussion on topic if you really want to help the new XOOPS.

2 This is something I planned sine weeks ago and carefully considering a discussion started by MadFish.

3 Some others like sailjapan also start relevant discussion. In order to make our discussion reaching a final agreement by the community, let's bring all relevant discussions into one place.

So, the very first step is to:

Establish a XOOPS Structure Proposal Preparation team: phppp to invite expressions of interest in joining the draft proposal preparation team from the community from anyone who would like to help compose it (only for the draft proposal, literally), by October 26th;

Anyone who are willing to work on the proposal, please express in the forum or contact me then we will publish the "proposal preparation team" so that every one feel convenient to make constructive feedback.

BlueStocking

@phppp,

I believe the first step is to answer SailJapans post point by point; so we the end user community can start out on the same page with an understanding of where you are on each step of the proposal submitted by Crib.

Then we will be in a position to weigh the pro's and con's of that proposal and look to your input toward making adjustments to bringing the two 'proposals' together.

I find it confusing to read one news report that Kc0maz has been confirmed as a project council member and on another news account read where the 'current project council' will be disbanded - target date Dec. lst.

Lets take Sails proposal first and keep what we can dismissing what is unacceptable, and go from there.

That is my (1) end users constructive comment.

Thank you for listening.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

MadFish
  • 2007/10/25 2:49

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I suggest an easy way to sort this out is for Sailjapan participate in the draft proposal preparation team. It's important to have everyone can discuss this in one place.

I don't think we should have a detailed discussion about either proposal yet, the important thing is to get this Draft Proposal Preparation Team set up quickly. They should set up a community consultation process as part of their work, to ensure we can have a signle orderly discussion about the details.

Anyway Crip you're nominated, but do you want the job? Anyone else want to put their hand up?

sailjapan

Ok, I'll stand on a 'committee' if people think it'll help, though I think that these forum discussions would suffice if people really wanted them to. Still, a committee seems to be a popular idea so I'll go along with it.

I should hasten to add that I'm perfectly content with my role on the community co-ordination team and do not intend to seek any role other than that once the proposal preparation team disbands.

I am in Japan and work like an utter pratt, so I sincerely doubt that I'll be able to meet up much on IM. I'd much prefer all discussions to be held on an open forum - this one would be fine. (another reason is that I prefer time to think about what I say so that I say what I mean, not what my temper tempts me to say).

I'd like to include the posters from MadFish's original thread Improving XOOPS Governance on the committee if they are so inclined and have the time.
MadFish
Catz
Seth
BS
Damaster
jMorris
debianus
wizanda
skenow
kc0maz
JAVesey
Giba
gtop00
script_fu
and anyone else I've missed (nothing personal).

Consider yourselves nominated too.

In finishing, I'd ask that you all go and refresh your memories on the original discussion and the CCT proposal
here.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan

Giba said:
Quote:

1 - Withdraw the proposal of the news. Really I need not duplicate this content if the community can not comment on the news. Please remove news spothight.

2 - Please, Sail and phppp is possibly join the proposals ?. I understand that although separate, have points in common, both have interesting details, others not so.

3 - waiting reply Both on the subject.

Re. #1: I agree with this. The forums would suffice. If we want to attract attention to this debate, seeing as it effects all xoopsers, we could pin it to the top of the forum and announce this thread in spotlight.

maximum community participation invited.

Re. #2: Nothing I said was written in stone. If the community can agree on which parts to drop, which to keep and which to add to, that's cool by me.

Re. #3: Done mine

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan

BlueStocking wrote:
Quote:

respectfully request all off topic posts be removed to another area. This is much to important of a subject to get sidetracked with personalities.

Agreed strongly.

Crip

sailjapan

Oh, almost forgot. I'd like to nominate Marcan and Herko too.

Crip

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits