slyss
Re: Userss Profile AJAX based!
  • 2007/9/15 8:49

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:

"Sorry about the delay in release, I have been busy on my latest book. After the book is released, I will finalize my work on this Ajax Profile Module, and release it., so that more may come of it."

Instead of that it sounded like "Buy my book, and you will get this."

I still think that this is a fantastic project, and am looking forward to seeing this actualized in the next core release. If that is what you have in mind. If you intend to peddle this as an addon, that information would surely get a lot of people off your back.

this is the situation (sorry for my english... is not my first language):

BOOK SITUATION:

- my NEW XOOPS Book, in english edition, is my first target because i want public a "real guide, tutorial, tricks, etc" accessible and affordable for all people (Book will be sell on Amazon at about 15$). This is my First target.

- in my NEW XOOPS Book you will see a complete guide step-by-step for benigger for the first 10 chapters and for the others 8 chapters a guide to increase functionality to XOOPS Web Site for expert people. So you can find all info you need for a basic site or for a complicated site. And then, in the last chapter you will se a COMPLETE guide step-by-step of my hack of integration XOOPS Site + Myalbum System (like this: click here) and so: any user can upload simply photos and automatically use it in Cbb, comments, users's profile, etc...

Xoops Users's Profile AJAX BASED SITUATION:

- My Module Ajax Based is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG4Ve6k8XnU

with this feature:

1) myalbum integration: any user can upload 50 their photos simply. Then you can select which is the MAIN PHOTO and this will be your AVATAR for all XOOPS Site: forum, comment, private messagges, etc

2) integration with Extended Profile (or SmartProfile)

3) business info TAB: connected with my modification of UserPage named: MARKETPLACE

4) Tab with all your photos where you can delete, add or make main any photos

5) Tab with User Contacts: skype, msn, etc

6) Contact list: here you have your Friend List. For Eg.: Users "Jordan" add at his Friend List user "Shaq". User "Shaq" receive a mail of this situation and the user "Shaq" can accept or delete this connection. Green Line is for accepted connections, yellow live is for waiting for approval, red line is not accetepted. (In the future you can see also profile you have visited recently).

7) Activity TAB: all comments or posts into forum of this user

8) Connection feature: when a user visit your profile you receive a mail with info about this user (age, gender, etc) and the direct link of his profile

-----------------

Future TASKS:

1) Make this Module compatible con XOOPS 2.4 (in this moment is compatible only for XOOPS 2.2.x)

2) Make this Module automatizated for all field and automatizated with myalbum integration and cbb

3) Make it stable

4) Make stable the great TEST feature of EDIT FIELDS ON THE FLY (click here)

5) a page with statistics

6) other...

-----------------

WHAT THIS MEAN?

This mean which my NEW XOOPS Book and my XOOPS User's Profile AJAX BASED are two different project! And it is demonstrable beacuse in my book i will go to insert my XOOPS Users's Profile Integration with myalbum-p base.

NOW YOU CAN:

- believe me or not.
- buy my future XOOPS Book or not (http://www.xoopsbook.com/)
- donate me something via paypal (stefanoitalia@gmail.com)
- do nothing

I spent all my free time in XOOPS world. I'm Co-Webmaster of XOOPS Italia Project (http://www.xoopsitalia.org/).

I write many hack/mod for XOOPS Italian Community (click here).

I spent my free time for the XOOPS Project because i belive in it...

sincerely,

Stefano Sly
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

Will_H
  • 2007/9/15 12:26

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Yeah, I 've spent many a night cursing at translate.google.com because its anylanguage to english sucks.

This is good news, looking forward to getting ahold of that book, if the few english language walkthrough's on your site are any clue as to how good this is going to be.. this will be well worth the $15.

nypd2
  • 2007/9/19 15:51

• nypd2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/13

OMG... This entire user is spamvertising. i Have read everything, and i will report him as spamvertizer. I doubt that this book even exist.

slyss
Re: User's ofile AJAX based!
  • 2007/9/19 17:03

• slyss

• Quite a regular

@ all:

i don't understand why do you attack me. Really... i don't understand.

My Italian Book was translated by an english mother-language and will be in Amazon in November 07.

Then i will go to work at my AJAX PROFILE to prepare it for XOOPS 2.4.

This is not spam. This are the facts.

Best, Sly

Mantooth
Re: User's ofile AJAX based!
  • 2007/9/19 17:16

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

Don't worry about it slyss. it's only a couple people attacking you.

i look forward to your release of the ajax profiles and i also hope your book does well.

I hate Mortal Kombat

slyss
  • 2007/9/22 16:11

• slyss

• Quite a regular

thanks a lot Mantooth!

best

clubmid
  • 2008/4/25 21:06

• clubmid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/27

clubmid
  • 2008/4/25 21:07

• clubmid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/27

pablo103
Re: Users Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/10 23:21

• pablo103

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/2/3 1

What is going on here, is this italian guy just doing advertisment for his book? don t trust he will ever share his AJAX PROFILE Hack, he is just just doing a lot of noice around for his personal profits. SMART...

Burning
Re: Users Profile AJAX based!
  • 2009/1/10 23:39

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi,

Please don't

Slyss is one of the greatest XOOPS contributor (my opinion)
Still learning CSS and... english

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits