kc0maz
Terms of use and XOOPSiquette modification
  • 2007/9/14 13:55

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

It has been suggested several times that terms of service agreement should include that there should be only one user account per person.

Are there any comments on this suggestion?
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

BlueStocking
Re: Terms of use and XOOPSiquette modification

its ridiculous!
its a board for heavens sake, not a legal document.

We use nics for anomity, when those nics become targets it may be time to change.

People should NOT be allowed to comment on any nic name, its a post. The nic that posted the information should be irrelevent.

unknown nics don't cause a problem, its the known ones that create a stir.

Just my opinion.
End User Rep AND
BlueStocking

AND on other boards
Bs_bs
upnrunnin

AND
Bluestockings (where the name fits)
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

phppp
  • 2007/9/14 14:13

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Agree with BS.

For some reason it is good to use one account for one person but it is not reasonable nor practical to force one account per person.

davidl2
  • 2007/9/14 14:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

2 valid exceptions would be:

a) If used to overcome a ban on an account

or

b) for malicious reasons

Dave_L
  • 2007/9/14 14:43

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I agree with the one-user-account-per-person suggestion.

The only exception would be testing-accounts used by technical support people, and those accounts would not be used for posting permanent content.

BlueStocking

Davidl2,
If you are NOT at this site, Why am I seeing your postings. This is a malicious attact, and you know it, but all it does is point out you are a liar, because you are here. You are not hurting anyone but yourself with this childish behaviour.

This is just my opinion.

But this is what I believe should be in the TOS regarding signatures. Using them to debase or degrade this site or others should be AGAINST the TOS.

I strongly believe that!!!

BS, BlueStockings or whatever anyone wishes to call me, just call me correct on this issue.

BlueStocking

David_L

When you post your real name you can pick up a stalker. It may become necessary to use a nic that has not been previously associated with you if you wish to continue an online existence.

The rules you are thinking of is for the ease of banning certain individuals -

The reality is, it will have no more effect than trying to ban a spam-mer if they decide to spam.

It only gives incentive to try to beat the system, and creates dissension.

Banning an IP is a viable option and will cover all names that person used, if not; they are computer savvy enough to do damage if sufficiently set off.

I don't believe in games such as 'guess who the poster really is' - It is time to pay attention to the content of each post without regard as to who is doing the posting.

Again just my opinion, yours may vary.
BS

sailjapan

Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

vaughan
  • 2007/9/14 15:32

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Davidl2,
If you are NOT at this site, Why am I seeing your postings. This is a malicious attact, and you know it, but all it does is point out you are a liar, because you are here. You are not hurting anyone but yourself with this childish behaviour.

This is just my opinion.

But this is what I believe should be in the TOS regarding signatures. Using them to debase or degrade this site or others should be AGAINST the TOS.

I strongly believe that!!!

BS, BlueStockings or whatever anyone wishes to call me, just call me correct on this issue.

Quote:

If you need me - you'll find me at XOOPSinfo.com - and not at this site.

he doesn't say he isn't here.. he says if you need me you'll find me at xoopsinfo.

nobody is needing him, he is free to offer his opinion. my definition of malicious attack must be different to yours david said nothing malicious whatsoever.

and before you comment, my sig says i'm no longer active, and to clarify on that regard, by active i mean i am not actively providing support!! it's all in the wording, read it how you like.

and also there is nothing derogatory or debasing in my signature or davids. if you think different then point it out where there is a derogatory statement. just because i am saying i will not return till Damaster is banned does not make it derogatory in my book.

de·rog·a·to·ry (d-rg-tôr, -tr)
adj.
1. Disparaging; belittling: a derogatory comment.
2. Tending to detract or diminish.

oh and btw, i use my real name, but nobody stalks me.. stalkers tend to stalk people that provoked being stalked in the 1st place. i agree with crip's post to an extent, it certainly has merit. i'm known as vaughan or monty. neither are made up names, monty is a nickname (all be it mainly an online nickname because most people call me vaughan in real life, monty is taken from my surname which is montgomery)

gtop00
  • 2007/9/14 15:44

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
I agree with the one-user-account-per-person suggestion.

The only exception would be testing-accounts used by technical support people, and those accounts would not be used for posting permanent content.

I would agree 100% with Dave.
I would also add: Make "From" mandatory and use the 2.2.x feature of "Real Name" as mandatory too (additional security).

I do not see any reason (except the mentioned before) to hide ourselves.
What do you really afraid of? Your posts? If yes, then don't post!
I am also tired with all these no-name spammers - annotators - gossips that are hidden behind their multiple Nicks.-

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits