MadFish
Re: Moving to Php5 definitively
  • 2007/7/12 6:13

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

xoops.org is an ancient and heavily patched site. Some of modules are also older ones (eg. newbb) and some are customised. So, moving the site to php5 might not be straightforward / need a clean start.

hervet
  • 2007/7/12 6:22

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
xoops.org is an ancient and heavily patched site. Some of modules are also older ones (eg. newbb) and some are customised. So, moving the site to php5 might not be straightforward / need a clean start.

A new team = a new site ?

JulioNC
  • 2007/7/12 6:26

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

About php version it's a problem, because As devil thinks to hosted docs.xoops.org and dev.xoops.org.
Can you see this message of JMorris?
[xoops-project] Who Needs What?

Questions:
We needed a new server/VPS?
The foundation has the budget?

hervet
  • 2007/7/12 6:32

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

JulioNC wrote:
The foundation has the budget?

Have you see the link on your left "Add your link here?"
Click on it and read how much it cost to be there and try to remember since when this Ads are here

MadFish
  • 2007/7/12 6:36

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Herve

I really don't know who is in charge of xoops.org, or who (if anyone) is working on it at the moment.

[Edit: Does anyone know the answer? Could the community team maybe investigate and publish a list of who-is-managing-what? Perhaps, we will discover there is noone at all!].

Garrath
  • 2007/7/12 9:03

• Garrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

Quote:

MadFish wrote:

And then?

I don't say to recode XOOPS and xoops.org now, i just say to put the site on php5 server, and test it. I think you can have a good surprise then, because there is a great compatibility from php4 to php5.

After yes... we need to recode XOOPS core to php5 and use new object feature to make XOOPS go ahead and go to live.

banned
  • 2007/7/13 8:44

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

I agree with those that wanna XOOPS to be part of the gophp5 movement.
Also, modules aren't part of the core of XOOPS. This mean that if Herve wanna to make use of various things inside php5 for his great news module he can, XOOPS or not.

Last but not least:
http://www.php.net/
Read the latest news.

banned,

Bender
  • 2007/7/13 11:03

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

This thread is getting sidetracked.

Xoops. org is irrelevant in regards to this decision about php5 or not since it needs to be replaced anyway.

About php5 or not: I would also support the initiative. And if the decision is made soon we will have a warning time of more then 6 month since if i read correctly the initiative has set a date in early feb 2008. So way to go ...
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

BlueStocking

Quote:

Hi Herve

I really don't know who is in charge of xoops.org, or who (if anyone) is working on it at the moment.

[Edit: Does anyone know the answer? Could the community team maybe investigate and publish a list of who-is-managing-what? Perhaps, we will discover there is noone at all!].

1) phppp, who listed his name, serial number and rank, and duties, made a public announcement that HE was in charge of the Project - He has announced the formation of teams to do the proposed work he so aquatically laid out the foundation for in his Temporary Project Teams threads.

2) two teams have showed up for work so far, Team Coordination, and Team Design.

We are awaiting the arrival of the rest of the teams, would you care to kick start this by being the driving force on something constructive we can do, instead of waiting for someone else to take charge.

The community side of moving forward has no apparent leader, it is plain it needs at least one person who is willing to take the bull by the horns and get and provide answers.

I nonimate you!!!
Or anyone else, I don't think there are any closed doors...

Come on in!
Introduce yourself and tell us what you are willing to do.

Darcy - Community Coordinator.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

MadFish
  • 2007/7/13 16:17

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

<removed>

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits