Mr_RealSurf
Article module 1.0 won't display content

Hi

I'm not a very techie person who is trying to get a XOOPS site up and running.

The article module which I like very much has stopped showing the content of articles following an upgrade to the latest version of the module and the latest Frameworks package.

In particular, I see the following error on pages with article content blocks.
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:article_index.html" in file /..path to my XOOPS directory../class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1085"

The odd thing is that some parts of Article seem to work. For instance, I can see the article submission page and the article blocks page...

Here are some details from the module's Preferences panel
PHP Version::4.3.9
MySQL Version::5.0.37-community
XOOPS Version::XOOPS 2.2.3 Final
Module Version::1
safemod:OFF
register_globals:ON
magic_quotes_gpc:OFF
post_max_size:8M
max_input_time:60
output_buffering:
xml:ON
mbstring:ON
curl_init:ON
fsockopen:ON
allow_url_fopen:ON
Image path:/mysitepath/uploads/article/image/ ( Available )
File path:/mysitepath/uploads/article/file/ ( Available )

Many thanks in advance!

phppp
Re: Article module 1.0 wont display content
  • 2007/7/8 13:30

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Make sure files are not missing, especially those template files

Tobias
Re: Article module 1.0 won't display content
  • 2007/7/8 13:36

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Looks to me like the template article_index.html didn't make it into the database when you upgraded, or for some reason it disappeared from there. I think the names of the templates changed in one of the last versions.

Can you have a look whether you have /modules/article/templates/article_index.html? If you don't, you shoud probably download the entire article module anew and reup it to your site. There might be other files missing. If you do, perhaps going into the backend to the modules management, and upgrading the article module one more time could do the trick.

If that's not the problem, it might be helpful if you indicate from which version you've been trying to upgrade.
www.affvu.org

Mr_RealSurf

Hi and thanks for the prompt advice!

I can't remember which version I was on, but I'm pretty sure it was the last one before 1.0 was released.

Quote:

Can you have a look whether you have /modules/article/templates/article_index.html?

Yes, that template is present.

Quote:
If you do, perhaps going into the backend to the modules management, and upgrading the article module one more time could do the trick.

I uploaded the module again to my site and then went into the modules admin and refreshed it. Instead of returning the sual list of updated components and so on, I got a blank page with the following text:

Quote:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Helpful infomation you should provide while asking for assistance:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mysitepath/class/theme.php line 120
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mysitepath/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 566
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mysitepath/class/theme.php line 136
Notice [PHP]: Constant _DB_POSLINE_DESC already defined in file /mysitepath/modules/backup/language/english/modinfo.php line 24
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_MODU in file /mysitepath/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_ARTI in file /mysitepath/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/mysitepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /export/mysitepath/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/mysitepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /mysitepath/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/mysitepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file mysitepath/include/functions.php line 153
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/mysitepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /mysitepath/include/functions.php line 153
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mysitepath/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 566
Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: [in db:article_archive.html line 48]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'foreachq' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 573) in file /mysitepath/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1085

Does this mean that I should completely uninstall and delete the module, before reuploading and trying again?

Again, many thanks for your kind assistance!

Tobias
  • 2007/7/9 6:15

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Mr_RealSurf wrote:

Does this mean that I should completely uninstall and delete the module, before reuploading and trying again?

Again, many thanks for your kind assistance!

Nope, hehehe. That means that you should closely follow the installation and updating instructions. What's happening? You get a critical error/abortion at
Quote:
Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: [in db:article_archive.html line 48]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'foreachq'

Am I correct to infer that you're using the 2.2 branch? See whether you've dropped compiler.includeq.php and compiler.foreachq.php correctly as per instructions.
www.affvu.org

Mr_RealSurf

Quote:

Am I correct to infer that you're using the 2.2 branch? See whether you've dropped compiler.includeq.php and compiler.foreachq.php correctly as per instructions.

Yes! I am using 2.2 branch.

You were correct, I had not dropped those two files into the relevant directory. Happily I have a site running the 2.0.16 branch, so I just copied the relevant files from there and followed the instructions in the readme.

I also installed the latest XOOPS editor stuff (although I didn't know how to follow the instructions quoted below, so I just put all the files in the xoopseditor directory and hoped for the best... :-|

Quote:

3 configure preferences where applicable
3.1 ./dhtmlext(all editors)/language/: make your local langauge file based on english.php
3.3 ./dhtmlext(all editors)/editor_registry.php: set configurations for the editor: order - display order in case editor selection is used, 0 for disabled; nohtml - works for non-html syntax
3.3 ./FCKeditor/module/: copy the files to the modules folders in case module specific upload permissions, storage and editor options are required
3.3.1 ./FCKeditor/module/fckeditor.config.js: for editor options, you usually don't not need to change it
3.3.2 ./FCKeditor/module/fckeditor.connector.php: to specify the folder for file browsing (and uploading storage) => XOOPS/uploads/XOOPS_FCK_FOLDER/, the folder is required to create manually
3.3.3 ./FCKeditor/module/fckeditor.upload.php: specify upload permission and uploading storage
3.4 XOOPS/uploads/fckeditor/: to create the folder if FCKeditor is enabled, used for uploads from where the upload folder is not specified
3.5 ./tinymce/jscripts/: download your local language files fromhttp://tinymce.moxiecode.com/language.php

4 check file names: for filename case sensitive system, make sure you have the file names literally correct, i.e., "FCKeditor" is not identical to "fckeditor"

Before trying things out, I checked templates_c (but there were not files showing), I then went to admin system and refreshed the templates, then I went module administration and again tried to update the module...

Sadly, I got exactly the same result as reported in my previous post.

Again, thanks for your generous assistance on this!

Tobias
  • 2007/7/9 13:38

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

Oops, sorry. I think there's a little bug in phppp's instructions, at least as they're on this page. Irmtfan is actually mentioning it a few posts into comments, down that page. Try dropping compiler.includeq.php and compiler.foreachq.php into /class/smarty/plugins (one directory deeper than in the instructions).

As for the editors: It should be fine how you've done it. Each subdirectory in /class/xoopseditor corresponds to a different editor. You can just remove the ones you don't intend to use. The directory is being parsed for whatever is in there.
www.affvu.org

Mr_RealSurf

Ahoy again!

The saga continues...

I moved those two files into the correct sub-directory as suggested.

I then went to the modules admin and tried to update the article module again.

Once more I get a white page with the following error messages:
Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /myfilepath/class/theme.php line 120
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /myfilepath/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 566
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /myfilepath/class/theme.php line 136
Notice [PHP]: Constant _DB_POSLINE_DESC already defined in file /myfilepath/modules/backup/language/english/modinfo.php line 24
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_MODU in file /myfilepath/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_ARTI in file /myfilepath/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/myfilepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /myfilepath/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/myfilepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /myfilepath/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/myfilepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /myfilepath/include/functions.php line 153
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/myfilepath/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /myfilepath/include/functions.php line 153
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /myfilepath/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 566
Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: [in db:article_archive.html line 48]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'foreachq' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 573) in file /myfilepath/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1085

Does this suggest any other avenues I might try... ?

Many thanks!

Tobias
  • 2007/7/10 3:46

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

Wow, that's strange. Are you sure the two files are in /class/smarty/plugins ? Alongside a whole bunch of other files? You haven't made any additional subdirectory to mirror the XOOPS 2.16 file structure? Something like /class/smarty/xoops_plugins? That would be wrong!

Have you also replaced the xoops.js?

Sorry I'm insisting. But the error you're getting is rather unequivocal. The update script is specifically choking on the foreachq function which is defined in compiler.foreachq.php.

As it chokes, it doesn't read the templates into the database --> no templates to display your content --> none of your content being displayed.

Other than that, the only thing that I could imagine is that your Frameworks folder contains an old version? Can you replace the entire Frameworks directory with the newest version, not just overwrite duplicate files? Can you also make sure there're no files other than those that come with the latest article version in your /modules/article directory?

These last two suggestions would be pretty desperate and unmotivated measures. I firmly believe that the problem is with compiler.foreachq.php not being in the right location.
www.affvu.org

Mr_RealSurf

Hi, back again! Every time I think, 'this will fix it...' but I'm still not there...

Quote:

Wow, that's strange. Are you sure the two files are in /class/smarty/plugins ? Alongside a whole bunch of other files? You haven't made any additional subdirectory to mirror the XOOPS 2.16 file structure? Something like /class/smarty/xoops_plugins? That would be wrong!

Have you also replaced the xoops.js?

The two files are definitely now in class/smarty/plugins alongside a whole bunch of others.

I did not rename or add or otherwise change subdirectories.

xoops.js is in xoops/include (it is the xoops.js I copied from my working copy of XOOPS 2.0.16)

Here's what I've now tried...

1) delete old Frameworks directory
2) install latest Frameworks directory
o copy local.php and local.class.php from xoops22 folder to language/english
3) go to admin and select update article option

...get the following errors at bottom of page:

Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/class/theme.php line 120
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 566
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/class/theme.php line 136
Notice [PHP]: Constant _DB_POSLINE_DESC already defined in file /mypathtoxoops/modules/backup/language/english/modinfo.php line 24
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_MODU in file /mypathtoxoops/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_ARTI in file /mypathtoxoops/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 153
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 153
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/footer.php line 31
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/footer.php line 52
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/class/theme.php line 243

I go ahead and try to refresh the module anyway, but once again I get white page with following error messages:
Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/class/theme.php line 120
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 566
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /mypathtoxoops/class/theme.php line 136
Notice [PHP]: Constant _DB_POSLINE_DESC already defined in file /mypathtoxoops/modules/backup/language/english/modinfo.php line 24
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_MODU in file /mypathtoxoops/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant ARTICLE_MI_CONFIGCAT_ARTI in file /mypathtoxoops/include/cp_functions.php line 103
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 152
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 153
Warning [PHP]: xoops_load_lang_file(): Failed opening '/mypathtoxoops/modules/phpmyadmin_260b3/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in file /mypathtoxoops/include/functions.php line 153
Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: [in db:article_archive.html line 48]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'foreachq' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 573) in file /mypathtoxoops/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1085

Hope those error details help point toward the solution...

Again many thanks for your suggestions!

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits