phppp
[XoopsTeam] report - Forum Moderator - status
  • 2007/6/13 7:14

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

The Forum Moderator Team is now with no team leader and report has not been made so far.

Thanks help form irmtfan and JMorris, I collected following information:

Team Leader:
NULL

Team members:
JMorris
irmtfan
akitson
davidl2
vaughan ( M0nty)
Jensclas

Abandoned:
Bender ( Left as vaughan said)
gediminasbyt ( not active)
bluenova ( not active)
smdcom ( not active)

tom
Re: [XoopsTeam] report - Forum Moderator - status
  • 2007/6/13 8:22

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I vote vaughan for team leader
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

phppp
  • 2007/6/13 8:36

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

I would suggest the team to be replaced with "community coordinator team"

BlueStocking

As a community member I would always like to see (1) forum moderator in the who's online sidebar when I come in. I would also like to see the forum moderator have a user name that designated that was this persons job. Other than that I don't need to know his/her name/nick. Those with the ability to shut a conversation off or close a thread need to have rules we all are aware of for closing or editing a conversation so WE DON'T get the idea there is personality clashes involved in the forum disciplining. Also we should not hear opinions from the Moderator that does not relate to the issue of Moderating at hand.

Any qualified person can be the moderator, at any given time. They just sign in as moderator 1 2 3 4 or however many you need or want. Lead moderator could just be called lead moderator.

Just a BlueStocking Opinion.
I don't have to like or dislike the moderator, I just need to know someone is in charge. That guy/gal in the sidebar could be my best friend or my worst enemy, it wouldn't matter.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

BlueStocking

One has to be careful the team doesn't work together like a gang.

BS

sailjapan

Quote:
BS said
Also we should not hear opinions from the Moderator that does not relate to the issue of Moderating at hand.

Quite agree. If their powers are clear, there should be no need to personalise anything.

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:

The moderators do not need a leader - they work together as a team.

I think they need a leader in as much as they need oversight. Someone users can appeal to if they feel wronged.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

hackbrill
  • 2007/6/13 12:13

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Those with the ability to shut a conversation off or close a thread need to have rules we all are aware of for closing or editing a conversation so WE DON'T get the idea there is personality clashes involved in the forum disciplining. Also we should not hear opinions from the Moderator that does not relate to the issue of Moderating at hand.

+1

vaughan
  • 2007/6/13 15:14

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

now i hate hiding behind a username.

you know i'm a moderator. i will not hide behind a username. if i have something to say, i will say it.

just because i am a moderator does not mean i am not entitled to speak freely of my own personal regard, not everything i say is as a moderator.

if i am moderating, you'd know i'm moderating. because we'd leave a note if posts were edited. or if i issue a warning in a topic ie. "please keep this discussion friendly & on topic" then i am speaking as a moderator.

but as i am speaking at the moment, i am speaking as myself & not a moderator.

does the moderator team need a leader? no it doesn't. we have guidelines to follow, we have xoopsiquette. does any moderator act on their own behalf when dealing with members? no we don't.. we put it to a vote, and the majority vote gets the consensus. we only act on our own discretion when dealing with spam or other issues that aren't major ones..

but we also have a vote if a major decision is to be made. we always have.

if you question my decision as a moderator, feel free to message me privately to discuss it, if you feel the situation isn't resolved after taking up with the person concerned, by all means then contact another moderator etc.. failing that goto management team, but bear in mind, we literally nearly always discuss are reasons before we act on our reasons.. so yes the moderating team *DOES* actually work as a TEAM..

BlueStocking

Vaughn,
I may like you as a person, I do not like you as a moderator.

You said nothing and did not close down a thread that was getting very nasty, but you got on to a guy that posted caps in his header.

If a moderator had simply changed the caps and noted it, I would have had no problem with that. Being Vaughn, I expected you to offer an answer to the gentleman's question, in addition to giving him a reprimand.

Being a moderator I expected these threads to not get out of hand, and have someone with the ability to respond when more than three people ask for a thread to be moved to another more private area. People have been run off because of bad moderating, in my opinion.

They then come off as being a privileged gang.

Why do you feel it necessary to moderate under your own handle. Does it give more leverage?

A BlueStocking evaluation.
BTW: A moderator should be able to go back through the threads after a given length of time and prune worthless conversations that offered no constructive information, under guidelines, of course. (zero responses and such)

instantzero

Sorry for asking it again but is it necessary to have the same persons in different teams ?

I'm going to repeat it again but peoples in charge of this site should be a separate team and the members should not be part of another team

Just to avoid power abuse their should be a limit in the number of teams where you are member.

Some people are already member of many teams and I don't find it really useful.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits