Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xoops-France is joining the Xoops-Cube Project
  • 2007/6/6 15:25

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Quote:

Xman04 wrote:

We just need to be patient.

Do you really think that our decision has been taken lightly? As stated in the article, it's now more than 1 full year we are waiting for something... unfortunatly uselessly.

Do you really think that each and every members of the frxoops.com team hasn't made his best to make changes, to contribute or to help with the core development?

We came to the conclusion that we couldn't trust the core development team anymore. We do think we have the responsability to guide our french speaking community (wherever they decide to follow us or not), and expose our points of views. Giving a head on Xoops-Cube sounds to us, actually, the best choice... if we want our project to simply survive.

Xman04
  • 2007/6/6 17:52

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Quote:
Do you really think that our decision has been taken lightly? As stated in the article, it's now more than 1 full year we are waiting for something... unfortunatly uselessly.

I'm not questioning your decision making process. I'm sure that you are doing what you think is best for your community. We all need to base our decisions based on our current perspective and what we think is the best choice at any given time.

Quote:
Do you really think that each and every members of the frxoops.com team hasn't made his best to make changes, to contribute or to help with the core development?

Well, I can't answer that for every member. However, I know that many XOOPS members have been contributing suggestions, hands on work, and offers to contribute.

Quote:
We came to the conclusion that we couldn't trust the core development team anymore.

This is a matter of opinion, and you have a right to your opinion. Personally, I'm not concerned regarding the core development team. I trust the XOOPS project as a whole, because there seems to be enough community interest and enthusiasm to ensure that the project continues to evolve. If there are some "organizational" issues that need to be resolved, then I'm sure that those will eventually be taken care of.

My perspective is that the core team is doing the best they can, given the current limitations of time and resources. If you look at some of the huge commercial development companies such as Microsoft, it sometimes takes them several years to put out a new release of a product. There is a lot of planning, development, and trial and error that occurs even before their products get to the beta testing stage. And they have a huge staff of developers!

I'm encouraged that XOOPS is moving forward, especially given the fact that server testing was recently performed and statements have been made by reputable members regarding work being done in other areas.

Also, the current version of XOOPS is way beyond anything else out there (in my opinion). Thus, I have no problem using 2.0.16 until the next version is released. For me, it is well worth the wait.

Dave

Anonymous
  • 2007/6/6 18:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sorry that XOOPS France is leaving. You have your reasons for leaving just as others have their reasons for staying.

You have contributed a great deal to the XOOPS community and I wish you and your members prosperity and success.

Keep an eye on this place...... who knows, you might want to come back, and I'm sure you'll be most welcome when you do.

Live Long and Prosper.

debianus
  • 2007/6/6 18:07

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

It is not possible that XOOPS france give another chance; I understand this opinión. Too much time without solutions.

Documentation site now open
is it time for a lead project manager?

calling phppp & skalpa, please comment on this thread!
How Open Source Projects Survive Poisonous People
It's a shame, so I resign
Xoops lead developers
JoomlaOS but in soon XoopsOS
is it time for a lead project manager?

Sugestions Team integration code, hacks and release Xoops

Why a lot of the best said: stop? (Catzwolf, Herve, Radideau, Carnuke etc).

A month ago JMorris said
Quote:
Please be patient just a little longer. It will be well worth the wait. I promise! "Good things come to those who wait [patiently].

Now we need more patient; no problem, we hope since a year ago. I suppose that in some days will be another thread as this
Of course without answers

Mamba
  • 2007/6/6 19:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

debianus wrote:
It is not possible that XOOPS france give another chance; I understand this opinión. Too much time without solutions.

I agree. I really don't understand why is it so hard for Skalpa or somebody else to sit down and spent 10-15 minutes to write about the current status.

It doesn't have to be long and elaborated, but just simply to share with us the current work and what else can we expect.

What we see again and again - people are getting impatient with the "mystery core team" which seems to be developing on Mars and therefore we don't hear anything from them.

I am very concerned with the departure of many good people from XOOPS, and the silence is not helping.

Somehow I don't understand why a project that should be an "OPEN Source" project, became seemingly a "CLOSED or MYSTERY source" project, where no code is being posted in the repository where the community can check it out.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

philou
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xoops-France open the support to the Xoops-Cube Project
  • 2007/6/6 20:09

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

First point : FRXOOPS is not leaving ! We have opened our support to the CUUbe in addition of XOOPS Thant's all !

Quote:
My perspective is that the core team is doing the best they can, given the current limitations of time and resources.

The core team is dead since Onokazu has leaving the XOOPS project.
Before this the core team was a true team ! with weekly metting on MSN for speaking about fonctionality etc...

Skalpa do what he want ! not what the community want.
Since one year nothing !!!
I understand that it's a big work but HE MUST COMMUNICATE WHAT HE IS DOING RIGHT NOW !!!!

I spend major parts of my personnal free time for XOOPS since 2002 and I'm very angry with the actual situation.

WHY SKALPA IS NOT HERE ????? AND HERKO ????? WHO IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE XOOPS ORGANISATION ?
This is the first problem.
Resized Image - - Resized Image

sato-san
  • 2007/6/6 20:49

• sato-san

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/7/1 1

@Skalpa returns certainly not more. I gave hope up.

Marco
  • 2007/6/6 20:57

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:
AND HERKO

he left the project after some internal errors...
but we have news about the foundation for few years...
Do synergy or die.

Mamba
  • 2007/6/6 22:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

Marco wrote:
Quote:
AND HERKO

he left the project after some internal errors...
but we have news about the foundation for few years...

Well, I would love to see monthly or quarterly financial report from the XOOPS Foundation. This is one of those "secret" activities than we don't have an easy reporting on.

For example, if you go to:

https://xoops.org/modules/xdonations/

we don't have a list of donors, and we don't have a link to a financial report. Apache foundation has a link to financial reports. We really should learn something from them...

I really don't understand why we don't have a clear view of who is in charge of what, and then what are their responsibilities, so then they can be hold publicly accountable.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

phppp
  • 2007/6/6 22:35

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

There will be an official announcement in 24 hours.

Login

Who's Online

269 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 269

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits