tmreg
Re: Xoops 2.0.17 released (Unofficial version) by Hervé
  • 2007/6/4 22:52

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

I am one too. As much as it pains me (I have too much invested in XOOPS) my next project will not be in XOOPS.
-Matt

maxpt
  • 2007/6/4 22:56

• maxpt

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

The passwords are now saved in MD5 but also in SHA256.
This is not a totally secure method but it is a bit much more secure than using passwords only hashed with MD5.

This is absolut wrong.

With two ways of one side encryption we can obtain the original password with the decrypt.

PLEASE USE BEFORE SHA512. Please use only one encryption!
Marco Sousa
https://www.gaap.dev

rlankford
  • 2007/6/5 1:56

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

Quote:

[img]http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/graph/detail-graph.php?group_id=41586&ugn=xoops&type=svn&mode=12months&graph=1[/img]

Ouch. Time to move on, I suppose.

ilivanov
  • 2007/6/5 6:27

• ilivanov

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

This time come almost year ago, when Mithrandir was "replaced" by this phantom project leader - Skalpa and 2.3.0 Alpha forever was announced, you guys are just late :)

I've switched from XOOPS to CodePlus now known as Zarilia since first Catzwolf release.

Friendly tip: Do not migrate to XOOPS Cube, Japanese understands CMS as Core Management System, Cube itself is a one buggy non compatible with anyhting core. There is a only 3 modules fully operational with Cube 2.1.0, Herve News 1.52, WMP Downloads 1.1 and XHNewBB 1.3.x if this can be called C(ontent) MS...

Screenshot from the previous post shows where is XOOPS - dead, no where.

How much XOOPS Staff I've repeat update your site (Modules Repository) which atm is out dated too ? And how much time was needed to patch the bug with User Profile page, since 2006-11-15, is it so hard/impossible to be fixed bug ?

Seems not since this Herve XOOPS 2.0.17 release.

Thansk Herve for this well done job, hope to catch u on Zarilia.

smart2
  • 2007/6/5 6:57

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

Someone from the dev team here?
Where are you?
We really need answers, this is not a flamming post but a very serious one, please consider it as it must be.

riosoft
  • 2007/6/5 7:17

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Quote:

ilivanov wrote:
Friendly tip: Do not migrate to XOOPS Cube, Japanese understands CMS as Core Management System, Cube itself is a one buggy non compatible with anyhting core. There is a only 3 modules fully operational with Cube 2.1.0, Herve News 1.52, WMP Downloads 1.1 and XHNewBB 1.3.x if this can be called C(ontent) MS...

Not exactly, sorry. I'm using Cube and is great.
Gijoes modules are all compatible with XOOPS Cube 2.1. herves modules too. Smartfactory will be soon. Etc.
Plz check wiki list for compatibility. Forums for preloads, etc.

Greetings

smart2
  • 2007/6/5 9:24

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

I've created a public google group to give a place for this discussion and to coordinate XOOPS users efforts who want the project to move on.

All XOOPS contributors, local support team, who want to make XOOPS move on instead of dying may come to talk with respect in that public space.

http://groups.google.fr/group/xoops-union

A XOOPS user who can't stay waiting for XOOPS to die.

wtravel

Smart2, why make a seperate group on google instead of discussing things on the XOOPS forum? We are all XOOPS users. People may have different opinions but this is the place to find out.

Regarding communication I think there is a lot of room for improvement. A few people have been working on a news item for the last couple of weeks that should shine a bit more light on the developments within XOOPS. That is a positive development.

UPDATE: THE NEWS ITEM HAS BEEN POSTED ALREADY
Newsletter: article on XOOPS developments

What worries me is that there is no response from the core developers on things that require a response, like how the bugfixes as offered in this unofficial release will be implemented into the official XOOPS releases? On that point I can understand why fellow XOOPS users are worried.

How do you suggest the XOOPS project should move on?
[b]edited:[b]Quote:
The XOOPS Dev Team is requesting that the community gets involved and participates, there are still numerous bugs waiting to be fixed or reviewed on the Sourceforge site. Your help is welcome.

smart2
  • 2007/6/5 11:10

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
Smart2, why make a seperate group on google instead of discussing things on the XOOPS forum? We are all XOOPS users. People may have different opinions but this is the place to find out.

Only because its a neutal zone, where evrybody envolved with XOOPS will be able to talk constructively without fearing any abusive post deletion, in which every XOOPS like users are welcome to make XOOPS get better instead of Dying.

Quote:
UPDATE: THE NEWS ITEM HAS BEEN POSTED ALREADY
Newsletter: article on XOOPS developments

Happy to see that after so much warnings you are beginining to communicate a bit, maybe a bit long anyway.

Quote:
What worries me is that there is no response from the core developers on things that require a response, like how the bugfixes as offered in this unofficial release will be implemented into the official XOOPS releases? On that point I can understand why fellow XOOPS users are worried.

That is the biggest problem. what the hell is doing Skalpa?
We can't hear a word about him. Will you at list publish an interview if he's to busy to express himself directly?

Quote:
The XOOPS Dev Team is requesting that the community gets involved and participates, there are still numerous bugs waiting to be fixed or reviewed on the Sourceforge site. Your help is welcome.

Is it a joke?

giba
  • 2007/6/5 11:27

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits