snow77
Re: Documentation site now open
  • 2007/4/24 21:45

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

I'll move further on with the project (xoopswiki), along the process am open to suggestions, also I wouldn't want to be the only admin there I want at least 2 trustfull people to manage the forums and keep things under control and have them recieve a daily a backup of the site. I propose David and he has accepted.

I know other people like Jen and Giba have been very dedicated to the docs, contact me if you want to be part of the admins of this, who receive the daily backups and participate of the structural organization and moderation of the site. Am open to other candidates also. I'd be the main webmaster of the site, handling the hosting and other administrative tasks but at the moment I see I cannot for some reason handle this no longer I'd delegate my role to one of the admins and avoid any risk of having the information lost.

The site as soon as I leave the setup of the structure, will be open for all the XOOPS community to use under an open source spirit, so there'll be no problems with importing and exporting of content as long as the docs are treated with the deserved respect of open source, the credits of each doc maintained and are exclusively XOOPS docs.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

davidl2
  • 2007/4/24 22:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I'd be honoured to help you Snow.

Thank you

skenow
  • 2007/4/25 0:46

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Not so long ago, people where complaining about lack of support for Xoops.. now we're in the process of having more then ever before... this certainly is a good thing indeed!

Helpxoops has been doing some very nice work ... perhaps certain areas they cover aren't really of immediate interest to a XOOPS purest to myself, it's still interesting seeing them never-the-less ..

However, for the people who want to see purely "our" branch of the XOOPS family - I hope you continue with your project Ana... after all - "Cube" has it's own "cube-specific" wiki - this would be a nice equivillent to this

I hope both sites continue... I'm sure you'd welcome the HelpXoops team to import their contributions as well - where applicable

Question: What is the chance of compiled projects being released on Xoopsdocs.net in the future?

As I said - I'm glad to see the great work Carnuke, Jen and the others are doing... it shows that you don't need to be an official site to make your mark

I agree wholeheartedly with David - a XOOPS-specific wiki is an excellent addition to the XOOPS circle of sites. Thank you, Snow, for this contribution.

Earlier, you had requested permission to add the Starting a New XOOPS Site to your project and my reply then was a request for patience while the series was completed. The series is about finished and it is still in need of a good home. The HelpXOOPS site is covering a lot of things, but its stated focus is not on documentation. Would you still consider adding this to XOOPSwiki? I would be glad to assist in further development of this resource, as I indicated before.

Once again - a wonderful sign of the strength of one voice.

giba
  • 2007/4/25 9:07

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Hi, my quote, referr 259685

Quote:

Soon more wiki official for XOOPS will have to exist one and all this content could be moved for it.

This is the form that we find to help and to make more popular ours XOOPS with documentation, tips, tricks, spreading of valorosos members of our community, documentation development technique, glossary and much more.

Resized Image

jensclas

Hi anna - Please keep working on the XOOPS wiki project. At XOOPS help we were simply doing what we could to fill the gaps. I have not een able to contribute as much as i would like but like you I had been thinking there was a need, and it needed to be filled quickly. Unfortantely the personal life does not currently allow me to take up the reigns of such a project fully so I saw xxopshelp as a place where i was comfortable and could at least make a start. Seems we were on the same wavelength. I had believed you were doing enough with XOOPS demo to be honest so the fact we did not communicate about it would come from that I guess.

Right now my contribution to XOOPS is low - I have too many things that need sorting our in real life and the spare time I might have spent on XOOPS has gone to getting my home ready to sell, kepping it presentable for potential buyers and once sold it will be all about packing. In the mean time I have a job - so my time is very limited. However, i have never given up on XOOPS - i depend on this community and the cms for all kinds of things and will be happy to support XOOPS wiki in any way I can when I can. like a number of xoopsers in the present moment XOOPS is coming second to some more important life matters. So go girl! if you have the energy and time I would love to see and official XOOPS wiki where we can contribute to resolve the hue and cry of where is the documentation.
Best wishes
jen

snow77
  • 2007/4/25 20:19

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Thank you much for the support and help you are all giving into the project. I'm still sorting some things out and will keep you all updated of when the workspace get's opened.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

giba
  • 2007/5/9 9:30

• giba

• Just can't stay away

Sorry, my work in wiki helpxoops.info is stoped.

Thanks all

riosoft
  • 2007/5/9 9:51

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Quote:

Giba wrote:
Sorry, my work in wiki helpxoops.info is stoped.

Thanks all

The most important thing is the interest and good intentions that you have put in it, Giba. Thank you.

Will we have to look to the "neighbor"?

idezmax
  • 2007/7/28 11:54

• idezmax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/24

ok. thanks.

-----------------------
http://www.idezmax.com/

giba
  • 2007/7/30 10:29

• giba

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

riosoft wrote:

The most important thing is the interest and good intentions that you have put in it, Giba. Thank you.

Will we have to look to the "neighbor"?

Please, look xoopswiki.org, the work continue....

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits