paulizaz
Mystery Module Search.....
  • 2007/4/13 8:22

• paulizaz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/18

Hi,

Im looking for a XOOPS Module to effectively store details of products sold by different companies.

It therefore must use subfolders (e.g. A Client folder has many Products. A product has many details).

For each product I want to create a page listing all details, name, manufacturer, Serial number, description etc.
It should also be able to display a picture.
It should also be able to disaply weblinks.
Preferably adds attachments files.

Which is the one for me ????????????????????

tom
Re: Mystery Module Search.....
  • 2007/4/13 9:40

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Perhaps download a bunch of modules test them, and then you'll know if theres one which is 'right for you', after all what we might consider 'right for you' might no be 'right for you'.

Are you adding products manually, or you wanting to feed them?
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

jeffgr
  • 2007/4/13 13:13

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I would try the Smartsection module, available at Smartfactory.ca .

It is a good module for presenting anything in a hierarchical format (with main sections, sub-sections, and individual pages)

If you can't do what you want on the product page with the built in editor from that module, I would create a html page template yourself, and then link to that page from the product or article page as it is called in the module.

This is what I did here for each of my article pages:

http://myottawa.ca/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=29

It doesn't really look like it, but each article is actually made in a separate html page, that is loaded into the article, rather then being written in the article editor itself. This is so I could display different Adsense code beside the text of each article.

You could do the same thing for a product page, but with more fields for the price and description, etc.

Doing it this way is also really good for SEO as well, as you end up with a folder on your site full of these html product pages....good food for search engines.

Hope my thoughts were useful to you!

jeffgr

davidl2
  • 2007/4/13 13:26

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

jeffgr - regarding "Adsense in Smartsection" - there is a forthcoming enhanced version of SmartObjects, which will make adding Adsense easier to just about any XOOPS content module

paulizaz
  • 2007/4/13 13:47

• paulizaz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/18

I am adding modules manually. And this is fine I have no problem with that.

I dont like the idea of downloading a bunch of modules to see which is right, id prefer to do some research and get some feedback.

This is also a devlopment for the long term, I want to set this up so anybody can create new product details in the future. Therefore linking to other Web Pages is not the solution for me. Id prefer to stick to a module's administration strenghts.

I am just looking at "Mastop Publish version 1.0".
Any one have experience with this and believe it may suit my orignal needs (above) ????????????

Thanks for all your help, any other feedback also greatly appreciated.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits