JamesSAEP
Article 1.0 Display Issue
  • 2007/3/14 19:59

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Can someone look at a section of my website and tell me why the categories are not displaying correctly in IE but work in FF.
The url ishttp://www.4x4n.com/modules/articles/

Thanks.

BlueStocking
Re: Article 1.0 Display Issue

Earlier this came up and I think you may find the answer James gave as being relevant to your problem.

I would just tell you but you need to compare the complaint for yourself to see if it is relevant since I am very new to this much of what I say is really guesswork.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57743&forum=1

If this is not the answer to your problem someone will help us along shortly.

A BlueStocking opinion
hardhunting.com
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

DarinAllan

Have you tried another theme, it looks like it may be the theme rather than the article module.

Now I am not saying trash all the hard work you have done, though it may give you an idea of why it's happening, if you compare maybe the CSS files of a theme that works well and the theme you have.

Anyway I am no expert either, just a thought to help you get to the bottom of it
Cheers and good luck :o)

Zagadka
  • 2007/3/15 1:55

• Zagadka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/6 3

Not sure if this will help you but it's worth a try. **Make sure things are backed up first!** I don't think this will do any harm either way but better to be prepared.

With one of the themes I tried I had a similar problem with IE. You can try downloading THIS (IE7_0_9.zip) and put that folder inside the folder of theme you are using (make sure to rename it from IE7_0_9 to ie7) & see if it helps.

If you look at the 'Previous Topic, Next Topic' etc buttons (lower left) in the two screenshots it made a difference. Wasn't perfect though.

IE Before

IE After

Hope this will help you.

irmtfan
  • 2007/3/15 5:01

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

JamesSAEP,
do you modify original Article templates?

JamesSAEP
  • 2007/3/15 13:36

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have tried using the default theme and others, but all display the same.

No, I haven't hacked the templates, and just in case I did and didn't remember :) I replaced them w/ the originals.

I'm going to try a few other steps and I'll post back the results.

DarinAllan

In Articles preferences have you tried the different options, for Theme set >>> you can have none or the theme that you are using should be an option.

Also have you tried the options in the Template section >>> default, blog, list, view.

If so does anything change?

Cheers ;o)

JamesSAEP
  • 2007/3/15 14:38

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

Well, after trying all the suggestions, I looked at my testing server and it displayed correctly. So, I uploaded a new database backup to the test and the problem happened. After comparing the two, it turned out that the Hail Baja 2007 - Part 1" article was marked to be in both the "Events" and "4x4n Site" categories.

Not sure why this would break the layout, but it did.

DarinAllan

well done, looks great now ;o)

JamesSAEP
  • 2007/3/15 14:52

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

Thanks, I just wish I could figure out why having the article in two parent categories breaks the layout. If I ever figure it out, I'll post back to this thread for reference.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits