cyberspace
TinyEditor

I have tiny editor installed, but I don't get how to edit with it, cuz I don't see any options of making an article. and I think the XOOPS editor that is supposed to come with it isn't working. could someone please help me out. thx in advance!
"Feed the children of the next generation cocaine, LSD, and XTC"

frankblack
Re: TinyEditor
  • 2007/1/12 13:49

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

To use the editor you must have module(s) installed that work with WYSIWYG-editors e.g. news 1.51, smartsection etc.

The reason for making the editor a module was that you have much more options for setting it up. It is not too handy setting the options inside files and loading them onto the server.

cyberspace

I also have smartsection installed

frankblack
  • 2007/1/12 14:03

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Have a look at smartsection's preferences:
Quote:
[FORMAT OPTIONS] Editor type

What kind of editor would you like to use. Please note that of you choose any other editor than the XoopsEditor, it must be installed on your site.

You have to select the type of editor. To get tinyeditor finally working you have to go to the permission page of tinyeditor and enable WYSIWYG for the groups.

cyberspace

I have the permissions set for the group, but this might sound stupid, but where in Tiny Editor can I make articles and type in text in a body,etc.?

irmtfan
  • 2007/1/15 9:31

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

you create articles in smartsection and using "tinyeditor" as editor in smartsection module.

as frankblank wrote when you choose tinyeditor for smartsection go to the submit page and write your article.

rossymole
relative & absolute
  • 2007/1/16 14:54

• rossymole

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/7 2

Hello,

I want to say I think that TinyEditor is great! Thank you and great work, I love it and it works great!

The issue I am having is I am using it in the Mail Users function of the admin section and it forces relative URLs through-out the site which is fine (good even) but in mail users it can't be there (the images in the email won't show up). The setting in the "Mod Conf Options", doesn't seem to work.

I looked on the tinyeditor site and can configure the tiny_mce_src.js (then rename it as; I don't have an editor that can edit the tiny_mce.js file directly) but it doesn't flow through in the module.

Like this:

relative_urls : false,
remove_script_host : false,
document_base_url : "http://www.site.com/path1/"

Any thoughts?

Thank You,

tzvook
Re: relative & absolute
  • 2008/5/15 7:13

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

rossymole wrote:
Hello,

I want to say I think that TinyEditor is great! Thank you and great work, I love it and it works great!

The issue I am having is I am using it in the Mail Users function of the admin section and it forces relative URLs through-out the site which is fine (good even) but in mail users it can't be there (the images in the email won't show up). The setting in the "Mod Conf Options", doesn't seem to work.

I looked on the tinyeditor site and can configure the tiny_mce_src.js (then rename it as; I don't have an editor that can edit the tiny_mce.js file directly) but it doesn't flow through in the module.

Like this:

relative_urls : false,
remove_script_host : false,
document_base_url : "http://www.site.com/path1/"

Any thoughts?

Thank You,

I had the same issue (want to use it for sending mail)
and for more then a week I did not get the right place to change it in the code ...

============== // Edit // ================
Found it:

open /tinyeditor/editor/tiny_mce.js (it's one big line - so I can't give a line no. .... but it's more or less in the begining of the file)

change

("remove_script_host",true)

to

("remove_script_host",true)

I hope FrankBlack would some day come back to XOOPS and will refresh this amazing module (for me it's one of the reasons for using XOOPS so much)

Hope someone will benefit this solution for the anoing URL bug

Login

Who's Online

99 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 99

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits