katalina
Two days now I am giving up
  • 2006/12/24 9:40

• katalina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/23

This is about the module forum newbb 2.0,

I dl yesterday and no matter what I do I keep getting this message:

Module File for newbb Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

I have uploaded the zip into modules, then extracted. I have extracted from my drive then uploaded. I have ftp but still I get that same message. I am tired of trying to get this module to work!

THe folder when extracted on the drive is xoops2_mod_newbb_2.02 when you extract is got another folder newbb where all the directories are, these I even uploaded by ftp seprately keeping the tree intact but still..

My only alternative is to go over to WP if no soloution is found. I have read your posts on this subject but all I get is file not found no matter which way I upload

Grateful for any help.

K

wizanda
Re: Two days now I am giving up
  • 2006/12/24 9:52

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok there are lots of solutions stop "panic-ing" Plz

First off do you want Newbb2 and not CBB?

CBB is Newbb3 and soon to be Newbb4 with TAG's....

The placing of the module would normally show an error like that, so make sure it is like this...

root/modules/newbb/xoopsversion.php

Should be there.....Xoops version is what tell's XOOPS what to do....

make sure you don't do what I am always doing and this....

root/modules/newbb/newbb/xoopsversion.php

As that is when I get the error you are stating

There is a full guide on installing CBB written by Jen also.....

katalina
  • 2006/12/24 11:23

• katalina

• Just popping in

!!!Well!!!

Looks like the long explanations did'nt get posted as I see I got logged out at the end...argeeeeee! No post I did has gone as far as I can see.

Instead of writing all that again I come to the conclusion that it may be best to wait for the new one with tags.Certainly something is wrong with the zip not to install.

Now I best dash to post before it logs me out again.

Merry Christmas

JCDunnart
  • 2006/12/24 11:38

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Check Jenclas' installation guide - maybe you missed a step.

MadFish
  • 2006/12/24 11:46

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Module File for newbb Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

You have almost certainly uploaded the newbb folder in the wrong place. When you unzipped the module you need to discard any 'wrapping'.

Just upload the actual newbb folder into /modules, sometimes it may be buried in additional folders such as public_html/modules/newbb when you unzip it.

Please note that the new version also requires you to install some additional folders like Frameworks etc...must read the documentation for this module.

jeffgr
  • 2006/12/24 11:48

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I think Wizanda is right... the error you are experiencing sounds like it is just the result of uploading the module somewhat incorrectly...

to make sure you are uploading only the required files, first extract the module files onto your desktop. The top level folder that you should upload into your modules folder is the one that, when you click inside it, you see the various components of the module...so the admin folder, the includes folder etc.

sometimes it is just the smallest error that you can get caught up on!

Cheers,

Jeff

katalina
  • 2006/12/24 13:06

• katalina

• Just popping in

I can't have done it wrong,

My host cp public_html/borneo/xoops/module. I see the system file so I know I am in the right place, ftp but still get the file not found.

When winzip opens and extracts there is one folder newbbb, click to reveal all folders and upload via ftp which keeps to the tree.

Go to admin XOOPS to fetch and its always file not found.

I am going to wait for newbb4 as long as it takes.

I won't get rid of my XOOPS just leave it bare lol for now.

Thanks everyone for your help.

****Did it, finally. Its got a red x and does'nt seem to want to create cat or I have not done something right. Now I will spend some time finding what I can do with this forum to get it up and running.

spankee
  • 2006/12/24 18:40

• spankee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

I do not know about the error message, but it sounds like you may have the wrong version.
You want to download the file "Cbb 3.07" which is the latest version of Cbb(Newbb). You `can find it Here.

Quest
  • 2006/12/25 4:45

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Shouldn't it be?
public_html/borneo/xoops/module/newbb

Or is it?

Also make sure you have Framworks installed correctly.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits