frankblack
Re: Opinion War -- Battle of the Editors
  • 2006/12/6 10:05

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

In addition to the bbcode-discussion: I counted as much problems for bbcode as for html-issues on Secunia and I have the strong feeling that there was more work done over the years on securing bbcode than on securing html in the textsanitizer.

I can only speak for tinyeditor, but within this editor an additional cleanup is built in. If the tags do not match a whitelist all other tags/elements will be wiped out.

Should be safe enough?

Dona_Brasil

back to the original questions..

Quote:

rlankford wrote:
Which one(s) do you like best? What do you like about them? What don't you like about them?

I use Koivi. What I don't like about Koivi are these useles atributes in hyperlinks:

shape="" type="" coords=""

No way to remove these, while a useful atributes like target and rel="nofollow" have to be added underwater.

In general, Koivi is a nice editor.

irmtfan
  • 2006/12/6 19:22

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Thank You Herko for your explain.
i need to learn more on the subject.

Quote:
If the tags do not match a whitelist all other tags/elements will be wiped out

its very interesting, so i must work on this editor when i have time maybe in the weekend

Peekay
  • 2008/6/21 15:15

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

Dona_Brasil wrote:

I use Koivi. What I don't like about Koivi are these useles atributes in hyperlinks:

shape="" type="" coords=""

To fix this, edit

class/wysiwyg/include/js/xhtml.js

Replace:

// why iexplore is ignoring these attrs?
if (!oAttrNode.specified && ( (name!='selected') &&(name!='coords') &&(name!='shape') &&(name!='value') &&(name!='type') ) )return;

with:

// why iexplore is ignoring these attrs?
if (!oAttrNode.specified && ( (name!='selected') ||(name!='coords') ||(name!='shape') ||(name!='value') ||(name!='type') ) )return;

HTH
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

red_Slider

Lets see:
http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix
chose: drupal, joomla, xoops
only in joomla we got integrated wysiwyg editor (in imcs too!!).
That not the only thing we need.
I'm not a coder, and modules developer, but since 2.3 or 3.0 we should work on docs. I anderstod phppp work on it after I started work with drupal.
Yes! Ist's needed and useful not only for mods developers, but for theme designers too!

And on the other site - how many frameworks and xoopseditor we got in xoops? 3, 4, 5? Doesn't matter! It's fact and I still don't know which Framework I got to have!

and on the other site - the only one good working wysiwyg edition is from xoops-magazine.com site x.2.16.0.2 version!

PS I spend a lot of time editing XOOPS content that's why I start working on drupal and joomla.

PS PS let's look on list of editors - have U ever used htmlarea or compact? I even don't remembere how they look like! Users need easy, and fast editor like XE and extended one - no mather FCK, KIOWI, SPAW (better with images and files uploads itself).
But ... I can't help to do this - I'm not a coder!

PS PS PS if U're beginign user better stay with XOOPS - it's the easiest way to start and enhance your site!

btesec
  • 2008/6/23 15:54

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

I think by now we can see which is the better editor around. The XOOPS core team should ensure one of these be standard, eventhough there are some included in the XOOPS official download they do not fully function. Of course each module, especially the older modules are not compatible with the editors. There should be an initiative to update these mods and at least support the chosen standard editor fully, so we can avoid users headaches.

Dona_Brasil

Thanks Peekay! I applied your trick and it works!

rlankford
  • 2008/6/23 18:33

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

+1 btesec.

I vote TinyMCE.

bumciach
  • 2008/8/7 10:43

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

I like WYMeditor
It is simply but powerfull editor and generate very clean(!) code. When it will be stable version I try integrate it with XOOPS :)

frankblack
  • 2008/8/7 10:59

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

WYMeditor is simple indeed, so not sensational at all, but I like the "split-screen" a lot, when you open the html-code view.

So I stay with tinyeditor with its much-too-much-functionality, because I know this editor - naturally - best.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits