jmspiers
Minibrowser
  • 2006/10/14 0:05

• jmspiers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/20

Does anyone know of a module that works as a mini-browser, kind of like the ones that have been developed for the Google personalized homepage?

The reason that I ask is because I use XOOPS as an Intranet, and what I need is a way for users to view an HTML page from within Xoops. The CATCH is that the HTML page refreshes constantly, and the data changes. If I use a simple HTML wrap then the page becomes outdated after 30 seconds (literally).

The only way that I can think of to do it is with some sort of mini-browser, because then it's viewing live content instead of wrapping a static HTML page.

Anyone have any suggestions?

chippyash
Re: Minibrowser
  • 2006/10/14 8:30

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

I may be off beam here (I'm not a jscript expert), but I seem to recall that you can do something with javascripting to refresh your page in a loop. You add an event handler for the page refresh event to call your timer that then refreshes after a certain time. This could work for the whole page but you want only the block containing your bit to refresh, so perhaps the new AJAX methodology might work.

Also take a look athttp://www.phpclasses.org/
to see if there is anything there that you can use.

hope it helps
A

zyspec
  • 2006/10/14 16:23

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

The easiest way to do this is to create a custom HTML block... Then just wrap the contents of the page you want with an iframe. Kind of like:

<iframe width="100%" src="https://xoops.org"></iframe>

Djiman
  • 2006/10/14 16:57

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

Put this bold part in the header of your them or template
<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT=2>

it will refresh your site every two seconds, - change the number 2, to your time that you wish.

chippyash
  • 2006/10/15 15:02

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Djiman and zyspec,

Would the following scenario work then to acheive jmspiers' requirement.

Create the iframe as per zyspec's instruction

AND

in the source document to pull into the iframe, put the HTTP-EQUIV in its header

Would that then have the iframe refreshing every n seconds without refreshing the rest of the page surrounding it?

If so, that is a neat solution (assuming of course that he can modify the source page to add the HTTP-EQUIV bit.)

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits