digibeta
Love XOOPS but..!
  • 2006/10/11 0:27

• digibeta

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/17

Hi
I've been using XOOPS for about 3 years with great success and I really think it's great, however since I had my 'host' assist in upgrading to 2.13 I've had nothing but trouble. The 'host' has also attempted to update 'image gallery' with no success.
I really think the problems have arose due to the way the site was upgraded.
I've given up on any more assistance from the host provider and am seeking assistance from someone with 'greater knowledge" (hopefully from Australia to chat). Feel free to contact through PM or email.
Thanks all.

wizanda
Re: Love XOOPS but..!
  • 2006/10/11 9:00

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Have you thought about getting something like WAMP Server and learning the upgrade and doing on your own pc first...
Also if you need help, my sites chat is there if any Xoopers are congregating....

Mithrandir

It helps if you describe the problems better.

Might also help others, if answers are given in the forums.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

wizanda
  • 2006/10/11 10:10

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yeh and search Xoops.org first and then search engines for things as a lot has been answered already...especially on here

jensclas

hay m8

as someone who needs to know more for themseleves here is what we suggest you do:

1. New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.

For Visual tutorials please go here

These respources cover our most common problems.

But if you have got stuck then you go to step 2.

2. Please help us help you: have you done this?
Before posting please do a search in the XOOPS top right "Search" box using appropriate "keywords" and find out if the subject has been dealt with before. Also look through the FAQ’s, especially if you're unsure what search words to use.

I couldn’t find any related issues by searching what next?

Turn on debug:
To switch on debug, go to system admin-->preferences and then general settings. You will see a "Debug mode" field. Choose "PHP Debug". Then go to the page that has problems and copy and paste any error messages under php-debug messages in the template below.
When posting any debug messages please 'wrap' the message like this: Use the word 'code' in square brackrets [] and at the end put /code in square brackets.
Debug message here

Give information about your site
Copy the following template into your post and fill-in as much information as possible. The more information you give, the more likely you will receive a quick and effective reply to your post.

XOOPS Version:
Module Name/Version:
PHP Version:
MySQL Version:
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other):
Operating System:
Theme you are using:
Custom template: (Yes/No)
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

For more info or to leave comments please see the faq

There are two attachments to help you answer these questions. Please go to the read before you post link below and scroll to the attachments.

Remember this when you post
Please use an effective title for the post; this assists other users to answer you who have had a similar problem. Many users will not be attracted to a "please help me I have a problem" title. A relevant title also helps other users find solutions to their problems.

Posts like ‘I have a blank page’ will generally be ignored. Not because we don’t want to help, but because we can’t with such a small amount of information.
----

So..If you have used the resources and researched your problem and still can't find an answer you will be able to make a post about a specific problem and we will be able to assist you.

hope this helps
Jen

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (192 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits