slyss
URLs to be Search Engine Friendly in xoops!!!
  • 2006/9/15 15:44

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

hi

first of all thanks for your time and your job... thanks by italian's users... and sorry for my bad english

my question is:

in the next version of XOOPS will be present the component to rewrites url of xoops? ... like: www.xoops.com/article-new-ipod-40-giga.htm ? ....

this feature is extremly important for seach engine...

this feature is called 404SEFx for mambo...

thanks a lot.... sly

here more info
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

Will_H
Re: URLs to be Search Engine Friendly in xoops!!!
  • 2006/9/15 15:47

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

According to gossip this feature will be present in the next FULL core release of XOOPS.

m0nty
  • 2006/9/15 17:28

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i don't think it's that important these days for search engines at least.. most if not all the major search engines, do NOT penalise you now and can read url's like xoops's.

as for user friendly that's a different story ;)

Swain
  • 2006/9/15 22:41

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I consistantly rank high on Google, and have had no problem doing so. So it must not be terribly important.

slyss
  • 2006/9/16 9:55

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
i don't think it's that important these days for search engines at least.. most if not all the major search engines, do NOT penalise you now and can read url's like xoops's.

as for user friendly that's a different story ;)

ok... i belive in you
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

Uncle_Matt
  • 2006/9/16 21:53

• Uncle_Matt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/16

Quote:

Swain wrote:
I consistantly rank high on Google, and have had no problem doing so. So it must not be terribly important.

In general, Google indexes dynamic URL's as well as static URL's. However, URL rewrite does help if you put relevant keywords in your URL's!

Even lousy sites with poor SEO may rank high in Google for some uncompetitive keywords. Assuming that you speak about keywords that are competitive: your site must be really good. But then there is still no contradiction with what I write.

My website got a lot of adsense for language courses when my language variables were visible in the URL like this:

example.com/index.php?sel_lang=nederlands

Most likely scenario: Google's Adsense sees that "nederlands" (the Dutch name for the Dutch language) occurs in the URL and in the text on my page ("deze website in het nederland" meaning "this website in Dutch") and decides that "nederlands" must be a relevant keyword.

If you search on google, you will also see that google recognises relevant keywords in the URL.

By the way: it is possible to rewrite URL's with a number of XOOPS modules.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits