eric_c
Help! Module file not found.....revisited.
  • 2006/9/5 22:14

• eric_c

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/5 1

I have read so much documentation, FAQs and forum threads regarding XOOPS modules that I literally have a headache.

I have downloaded the XOOPS Gallery, Who's online and one other module. When I open the unzipped files there's ONE file in the folder. ONE. Not a structure of files - just one file.

I upload that folder and it's one file to my module section on my server. The ONLY other module there is SYSTEM.

If I go to my XOOPS admin section, it says 'module file not found!' over and over.

Can someone please, please tell me what I am doing wrong? o.O I cannot figure it out for the life of me and apologize if it's something simple i'm overlooking.

bb2120
Re: Help! Module file not found.....revisited.
  • 2006/9/5 23:18

• bb2120

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Which XOOPS version?

Have you unzipped the module file? You should then be given the whole structure of files.

eric_c
  • 2006/9/5 23:42

• eric_c

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/5 1

Yep. It's XOOPS 2.0.14. When I download a module from here I unzip it and just upload the entire unzipped folder and all contents to my server. I didn't check the contents of the actual folders until I read the FAQ for this problem.

addendum:

The only one i've been able to install successfully was Direct Friends. If I open the membersonline module folder for instance it has membros_online.php file in it and that's it.

Will_H
  • 2006/9/6 3:47

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Well first off, if it doesnt atleast have a xoopsversion it aint really a module

try this

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2599

B.O.L!

gestroud
  • 2006/9/6 5:25

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

What program are you using to uzip files? Also make sure that the extension for tar files remains .gz when you download. I've noticed that some download programs tend to change the extension to .tar, so you wind up with a tar.tar file.

jensclas

And...sometimes when you upload they don't all transfer correctly so you need to check the file structure using your ftp and make sure the folder you uploaded matches exactly the one that appears in the modules folder on your site...I have had this happen several times where i thought the upload was done but found not all files made it safely to the destination. HTH

(just checking - you do have the frameworks folder installed?)

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits