brighter
Need to Add Fields to User Registration
  • 2006/8/19 5:03

• brighter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/14

Just like the subject says... Got to get this done over the weekend, need to add fields like name, zip code, interested in...

Apparently Formulize doesn't quite do it for me because it would require using codes and that would mean no email confirmation which wouldn't work for security reasons.

Help!

Swain
Re: Need to Add Fields to User Registration
  • 2006/8/19 5:14

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

Use the module "Extended Profiles. It allows you to add fields, and even make them required.

brighter
  • 2006/8/19 5:35

• brighter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/14

Okay, awesome! Only thing is I can't find it in Module Repository.

Swain
  • 2006/8/20 4:34

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I think it may be only available through 2.2X downloads, I am not sure. If you send me a PM with your email I can send it to you. I am not sure how it will work with previous versions.

calipixel
  • 2006/8/20 6:34

• calipixel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/4 1

can you post the link to the module? " Extended Profiles " I would like to have this option too.
thanks

Chappy
  • 2006/8/20 6:53

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

It's not listed, AFAIK, in the module repository. It can be acquired by downloading the 2.2.3 version of XOOPS and extracting the files. There are several modules in the extracted files - system, pm, and profiles. Profiles is the one you want. BUT, and this is a big BUT, I have NO idea if it works with ANY lesser version than 2.2.3_final. If it doesn't and you install it and it doesn't work, well, you can figure out the rest.

You can download 2.2.3_final here. Note that it is NOT considered stable.

I'm sure you've already done this but I know I've seen some posts in the past about modifying the registration form. So, just in the slim chance that you haven't checked that out, it might be worth your while to do a search.

HTH
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Shine
  • 2006/8/20 7:37

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Download module 'profiels'
Xoops version 2.0.14:http://72.29.82.174/~wwcncom/test2010/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=28

Xoops version 2.0.13.2:http://72.29.82.174/~wwcncom/test2010/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=19

Good luck with it.

PLease read carefully on how to install this mod!!

jegelstaff

Quote:

brighter wrote:
Apparently Formulize doesn't quite do it for me because it would require using codes and that would mean no email confirmation which wouldn't work for security reasons.

Hi there,

I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. The timing is just a little off. As of yesterday, our latest production version of the Registration Codes module allows for certain codes to be marked as "requiring approval" so that would probably solve your issue. But an actual release of the module is a few weeks away, owing to our work schedule and how much time it takes to properly prepare and check a release.

I hope you get your site up and running as required soon. Good luck,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits