Will_H
And Now for your entertainment...... Vanishing Modules.
  • 2006/8/12 12:31

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Alright I spent some time trying to reproduce this little problem that doesn't seem to be getting addresses. After about 4 days of intentionally messing things up I think that I have found the cause.

The only case where I was able to cause the modules admin section to go crazy was after installing cbb without the "Frameworks" folder.

So I offer up to you guys, A possible fix. (Hopefully)

If any of you are having this issue check to see that your "public_html/Frameworks/*.*" folder is intact.

Hopefully this is the cause. As soon as I re-uploaded my Frameworks folder and cleared my "templates_c" the problem was gone.

Let me know if it helps or not, because this is obviously a pretty common problem.*/

Bender
Re: And Now for your entertainment...... Vanishing Modules.
  • 2006/8/12 18:57

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Thanks Biteronboard for working this out. Good job!

I can definately confirm this right in the first test i did.
Reproduced by:

- installing XOOPS 2.0.x (latest svn but exact version doesn´t seem to matter anyway)
- copying modules from 2.0.13.2 into modules folder
- going into admin --> system --> modules: all listed
- copying newbb folder from cbb 3.04 into XOOPS modules folders: only 3 of 8 modules listed now
- copying the frameworks folder into XOOPS rootdir: everything listed again

Link to this thread forwarded to phppp and added to the bugtracker.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jensclas

So...for the benefit of a newbie the folder tree should look like this?
When you first install XOOPS you end up with
public html
-cache
-class
-extras
etc
-modules
etc

Then when you upload modules they go to the module folder
modules
-contact
-mylinks
-mydownloads
etc

But when you unzip CBB 305 there are 2 folders - frameworks and module. You need to put the framework folder at the same level as modules, and open the module folder and put the newbb folder inside your modules:
Inside public html
cache
class
frameworks
modules
-newbb
-contact
-mylinks
-mydownloads

Is this correct? Bender please edit if not!

davidl2
  • 2006/8/12 23:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Yes, I believe this is correct.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/8/13 0:14

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

I just discovered this the other day. I couldn't figure out why a site I'd added XOOPS 2.2.4 to wasn't showing the proper template for the modules administration page. The list of existing modules was there (to be honest, I didn't check to see if any were missing) but the menu was missing, as well as other parts of the admin template. I'd even gone as far as renaming the default template directory, uploading again, etc.

Then I noticed that the CBB module I'd just uploaded wasn't showing up in the list of I was going to add. Finally, it hit me that I hadn't uploaded the Frameworks folder yet. Once uploaded - all returned to normal and I was able to continue installing CBB.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Will_H
  • 2006/8/13 1:56

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

Excellent, glad that this worked out.

gestroud
  • 2006/8/13 2:47

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I thought the module's instructions (along with all of phppp's current modules) clearly stated that you must upload the Frameworks folder to the root, and if you're using 2.2.4, you need to remove the XOOPS22 folder (or whatever it's called). Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there - wouldn't be the first time.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/8/13 3:18

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

gestroud, was your post directed at me? If so, perhaps this will clarify. This is the third site I've installed CBB on. On each site, I'd installed the Frameworks first - except for this last one. For some reason, I didn't get to it. Then I got distracted by the strange happenings in the Admin. I knew about the Frameworks folder - just wasn't aware of what would happen in other areas of the site if I forgot to upload it and that's why I thought I'd contribute to this thread.
Quote:
gestroud wrote:
I thought the module's instructions (along with all of phppp's current modules) clearly stated that you must upload the Frameworks folder to the root, and if you're using 2.2.4, you need to remove the XOOPS22 folder (or whatever it's called). Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there - wouldn't be the first time.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Will_H
  • 2006/8/13 3:32

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
I thought the module's instructions (along with all of phppp's current modules) clearly stated that you must upload the Frameworks folder to the root.

Not really the point, it was about trouble shooting what seemed to be a pretty common issue the new users were having.

yeah mocking their issues is a far better solution than taking the time to figure it out... what an #OOPS#.

gestroud
  • 2006/8/13 4:27

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Quote:
gestroud, was your post directed at me?

No, not at all. It was a general comment. Don't take it personally.

Quote:
Not really the point, it was about trouble shooting what seemed to be a pretty common issue the new users were having.

yeah mocking their issues is a far better solution than taking the time to figure it out... what an #OOPS#.

I kind of think it is a point. Your first post covered troubleshooting a problem. Somewhere along the way, the thread changed to a session on how to install the module. I don't think that's what you originally intended.

I have a feeling someone should spend a little less time at the end of the bar and maybe get some fresh air. It shows up in your posts. Grow up, kid.

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits