bradburn
Freeware CSS editor
  • 2006/7/24 14:35

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

Hi There,

(I tried this post under Beginners but it was ignored so I figured this is the best place to ask!)

Does anyone know of a really decent freeware CSS editor?
I have been using TopStyle which was great for CSS editing but when the trial ran out I got stuck with TopStyle light which is very restricted and you cant interact with the design preview.

OK, I am a being a bit tight not buying a full version, but I have just forked out for the latest Dreamweaver which edits CSS but doesnt have a preview of the styles.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Rob

technigrafa
Re: Freeware CSS editor

Dreamweaver should preview your styles. You may need to manually link your stylesheet to your theme while you work on it, as DW doesn't understand xoops's way of linking to the stylesheet, but you can delete your manual link after you are done developing your theme. That's what I do.

lllkailll
  • 2006/8/12 16:45

• lllkailll

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/21

I use notepad to edit css/styles

sighter
  • 2006/8/13 14:33

• sighter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/12

How can i modify my web style ? I can't see any modifications on my website changing my themes/styleNN.css

Thnx

Sighter

skenow
  • 2006/8/13 16:11

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

If you are viewing your site with Firefox, you can use it to edit and preview immediately. And, if you add the Web Developer extension, you can also identify which element you are trying to modify.

Also try PSPad, it will integrate with TopStyle lite, and give you browser preview capabilities.

@sighter - styleNN.css is for Netscape Navigator-based browsers, which browser are you using to view your changes?

sighter
  • 2006/8/13 16:23

• sighter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/12

Yes, I'm using firefox, i'll search on how to edit and preview with it. I'm using debian so win-based programs will not run here. Vi would be enough for me to change the css but other add-ons / programas would be welcome.

I focused on styleNN.css because i had this 2 css's on my web's source code.

OK i'll see this Web Developer extension. Is there any doc where i can read about the whole process XOOPS make to read and apply the css's ? I have already found it <--- edit.

I can edit css in real time, it's great !!! but i can't see any changes when i close 'CSS -> Edit CSS code'. I see'em while i have the 'Edit CSS code' open but when i close, all changes dissapear in my firefox. I don't mean I don't save'em , but i see it completely different only in firefox than in the css editor :S:S

Thnx a lot.
Sighter.

bearcat
  • 2006/8/13 17:15

• bearcat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 1

I use NVU it is the Mozilla version of Frontpage it is freeware and can be found here NVU A complete Web Authoring System

skenow
  • 2006/8/24 23:53

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

You are correct - the css editor in FF is only applied while the editor panel is open. If you refresh the page, FF reloads the css, and if you close the editor panel, it also removes the changes.

If you are editing your own css file, you can save the changes to a file and upload to your site for them to be permanent.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits