hiflyer
Only allow users in preset database to register
  • 2006/8/11 0:34

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/7 3

I have a large group of users (about 650 and growing) that I want to give access to my site - but allow registration ONLY to them. When someone clicks on the Register link I would like:
1) They are required to enter First Name, Last Name, Employee #
2) They may create their own username and password
3) Registration will only complete if the firstName, lastName and empNumb fields match ones existing in the database.

I will also need an easy way to update the preset database as employees are hired/leave.

I haven't found any existing modules/methods to do this (if there are any I'd appreciate a suggestion).

We are willing to pay for the project. Post or PM me if you have ideas/interest.

Thanks!

Bender
Re: Only allow users in preset database to register
  • 2006/8/11 5:29

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I am not aware of any module like that. If you are looking for a paid solution try:

Inbox Solutions SmartFactory Team
Panthersoftware (McNaz)

Or check this site:
http://www.xoopslance.com
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

stefan88
  • 2006/8/11 5:54

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Maybe you can use one of RegKeys or Reg codes modules.
It is not exactly what you need and I never used any of them. Also I'm not shure they are in development any more. But at least you could have some ideas from them.

The way one work is, he generates a code, you give this code to a user and when user registers, it has to enter that code to register. I think there was an idea to be posible to move the user in some group, based on code he had.

If you try them, do it on a test instalation ...

hervet
  • 2006/8/11 6:53

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

I can also do it.
Contact me.

bye,
Hervé

Peekay
  • 2006/8/11 15:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

stefan88 is right about registration codes. It can provide registration by invitation. You email/post your existing members a code. They need to enter this when they visit your new site to register.

You can automatically put users into different groups based on the codes you issue, but the system only shows that a code has been used - it doesn't show which member(s) used it.

It would be cool if there was a module that set up membership accounts from importing CSV data and generated a random username and password for each account.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

hiflyer
  • 2006/8/11 15:03

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

Unfortunately I don't have email addresses for all (or even most) of my members and they are scattered across the country and rather hard to track down sometimes. Another option I suppose would be to simply require "approval" for all registrations but I don't think I want to be tied to my computer any more than I am now to do that.

jegelstaff

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
It would be cool if there was a module that set up membership accounts from importing CSV data and generated a random username and password for each account.

You can do this with the forthcoming Formulize and Reg Codes release, version 2.2. (Passwords aren't randomized, but you don't have to tell the users the password, just ask them to start by doing the password reset process.)

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

hiflyer
  • 2006/9/11 16:35

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

Formulize plug - very powerful module (especially for those better at PHP than me, which is probably most of you) with outstanding support from Julian and gang.

eljkmw
  • 2006/11/19 16:45

• eljkmw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/15

@ hiflyer ...

I tried both Reg Codes & Formulize modules for my website (which runs on XOOPS 2.0.15). But unfortunately, I don't have the slightest clue on how to build a registration form on Formulize for a specify group.

Could you kindly show me how I can achieve that? An example/sample will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance ...
Jason

hiflyer
  • 2006/11/19 17:09

• hiflyer

• Not too shy to talk

eljkmw,

I ended up not using Formulize for that function. I imported a .csv file of users to create my user database, then Herve hacked some XOOPS core files for me to identify users who hadn't registered yet to force them to register. So can't really help you with the RegCode or Formulize for that.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits